Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   Recommendations please (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/6291-recommendations-please.html)

PaulB 19-07-2010 12:38

Recommendations please

Right, thinking caps on, please.

We have discovered that we can stretch to another week in PP in September as long as we forego non-essentials such as food, paying bills etc. My son has declared (with no bribery necessary) that he will not mind spending the week with family, so there will be just the two of us. Just like a newly married couple (well, in enthusiasm if maybe not in energy).

It had been many years since just the two of us has had a holiday, and we are looking for a B&B on or close to the Pinewalk, preferably somewhere romantic (but informal) and relatively inexpensive (this would rule out Illa D’or and even the Miramar). We thought of the Bahia, and this would be our first choice, but this may just be a little bit over our budget also.

I can’t wait. A whole week away with the person I love the most (Oh, and the wife will be coming, too).

Your recommendations would be most welcome.

P.s. Thick walls essential to avoid disturbing other residents!

JMD40 19-07-2010 13:12

Hello there, I think that you will find the Bahia is not much cheaper than the Miramar but If you are looking after your pennies then why not give the tour operator - travel club of upminster- office a call to see if they have any offers for September in their self catering accom. I believe an email is about to go out soon with autumn specials. The Hotel Capri, front sea view rooms with balcony are good value, basic but clean, air con, great views of the whole bay, friendly helpful staff and maybe even allowing you to the luxury of food on alternative days if you are careful!!! Good luck.

PaulB 19-07-2010 13:35

Thanks, JMD.

Will bear this in mind. For some reason I thought Travel Club of Upminster did not exist anymore.

pollensa 19-07-2010 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulB (Post 47111)
Thanks, JMD.

Will bear this in mind. For some reason I thought Travel Club of Upminster did not exist anymore.

They did change ownership but definitely still exist - see their details under Puerto Pollensa, Mallorca Majorca Holidays - Travel Companies

onceroundthemarina 19-07-2010 15:42

recommendations please

Have stayed in Bahia in October, quite basic but very clean and not too expensive, dinner not cheap though but breakfast very good and of course lovely view on the terrace, have you thought maybe of Flora appartments, have stayed there in October and found the whole place very clean, staff very helpful and not that far from Pine Walk/Square.....or if you fancy up the other end I hear Hotel Romatica is fine....depends how fancy you want to go....Myself and OH just make sure somewhere looks decent, look up reviews on this great site and also Trip Advisor before you go, and as you know there are plenty of places to eat depending on how flush/broke you are!

clinkham 19-07-2010 17:27

You must check out La Singala - b&b only. Only 'just' off the pinewalk and if you get the right room (108 109 208 209) a sea view can be had. Around 42 euros per person per night b&b for room with balcony. Bit cheaper without balcony.
Health wise very good as well - no lift and no english breakfasts.
Hotel La Singala, Puerto Pollensa [Mallorca North]