Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 19:09

Default Duva Aparthotel

Heading to Puerto Pollensa next weekend and staying at Duva. Never been there before. Can anyone tell me what it is really like? Is there a lot of walking involved to restaurants etc and is there a supermarket nearby?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2010, 20:20

Hi there
From the Duva the nearest beach is a 10min stroll. Cross the main road and go straight down by the side of the Gommar Apartments. Keep going until you hit the sea. Turn left and walk down towards the marina and you will soon find the bars and restaurants. Alternatively walk down the main road into the centre of the Port (about 15 mins).
Nearest big Supermarket is the Euroski at the next island as you head into the Port - about a 10 minute walk. There is a small Spa supermarket under the Gommar Apartments but you need a mortgage to buy a loaf of bread!!
Old 12-07-2010, 21:17

Hi Geri,
We stayed for 2 weeks at Duva a couple of weeks ago, and I echo what Deanscroft has said. Pleasant stroll through back road into Port of maybe 20 minutes. Nice walking back at night and hearing the impossibly loud crickets with the black silhouettes of the mountains as a backdrop. Bus stop more or less right outside for bus to PP, Pollensa or farther afield. Taxi is only 5.50 euro into PP. Duva is very pleasant and quietish (not school holidays when we were there, but quite a few kids including my 13 year old son who loves it) particularly if you get a back apartment looking over towards sheep fields. This year we were ovelooking the pool bar and the nightly (often somewhat cheesey)entertainment, but this finishes before midnight anyway and we didn't see much of it being out most nights. Nice deep pool, grounds and tennis courts (seven euros an hour which we thought reasonable), spa and gym if you need them but these are chargeable. Didn't eat there so cannot comment on the food. Apartments clean and comfortable, reception and bar staff friendly. No free Wi-Fi anymore. A few things laid on for kids if you have any. We have been there twice and will more than likely return.
Old 13-07-2010, 17:07

Tks for that. Have seen lots of mixed reviews. Travelling there next weekend for ten days with kids, teenagers and under. Is it family friendly and what is sunbed situation at this hotel?
Old 13-07-2010, 19:57

I would say it was reasonably "family friendly", but not as much as some of the other complexes. There were not hoardes of kids running about which suited us fine and there were plenty of couples (of all ages) without children. Suits all ages, I suppose, but not very young kids. The main pool is very deep even at the shallow end, but there is a seperate children's pool. There may be a kids club during the day (I am not sure). If yours are sporty they should be ok. There were always a few spare sunbeds around the pool when we needed them, although as I said, it was not during school holiday time. Where did you see the mixed reviews, Tripadvisor? If you search the posts on this forum, I think you'll get a better informed opinion.
Old 13-07-2010, 21:04

I've seen mixed reviews on various sites. My kids are 2 boys aged 16 and 14 and girl aged 10. Is it a trek out at night to the restaurants etc? Is there a bus?
Old 13-07-2010, 21:11

Its not too much of a trek, bus will take you in but they stop quite early, 15 mins stagger, sorry walk back, we used to do it with a pushchair then two boys in tow, that was before the street lights and the new path, it will be fine

On island time!!
Old 13-07-2010, 21:17

You arrive at the Duva next weekend? I am surprised you have left it so close to question your decision. You really have no need to have last minute panic. Anyway - you have booked and you say you have read mixed reviews. Personally I don't think you should worry too much. As you have read from the posts here there is much to do at the complex and the reviews here are mostly positive. Obviously reading various sites you will see mixed reviews as peoples expectations can differ greatly. You also do not know with what they are compared. The comments on this site come mostly from people who know PP well, have stayed at the Duva or indeed know enough to comment. I don't think you need to worry as PP as a whole offers so much for all tastes and expectations. After all said and done, if the very worst comes to the worst and it doesn't meet your expectations, you need only use the facilities to sleep -but I don't think it will come to that.

I think Deanscroft has given you a good idea of where the Duva is. His description of where supermarkets are and the walk to the beach are a good estimate. Yes there is a bus route into the Port but frankly it is only a 10 minute or so walk.

As with anything, it is a matter of taste - what suit one may not suit another. I think you will be fine. Have wonderful holiday and we look forward to hearing all about it on your return. Have fun!

Last edited by eleanor; 13-07-2010 at 21:21. Reason: typo
Old 14-07-2010, 09:15

Another GG! Welcome. Just to put in my tupence worth - Duva is a nice, smart block and is on the edge of the port in a very quiet area.

It is an easy 15 minute stroll into the port and the big Eroski supermarket is only a few hundred yards away.

Across the road from Duva you will find a Spar which is great for fresh bread, milk and croissants and papers - if that is waht you want on hols! (it is not as expensive as is made out).

There is also a bar - La Rosa Blanca with skysports on big screens. There is also another bar/restaurant called Aries which has well priced basic food like baguettes and omlettes, burgers, spag bol, steak etc. Great for a lunch time snack
Old 14-07-2010, 09:28

Any more GGs and we can start our own PP stable!
Old 14-07-2010, 10:22

Thumbs up

Thanks for that! Yes, I'm a real GG! I'm just panicing at the moment as there are two families going and a grandad. We originally had booked Cala D'Or but only recently changed our minds as might be more for the grandad in PP. My 14 year old has one huge concern - is there a pool table at the Duva?
Old 14-07-2010, 10:30

Yes Geri, there are two in the swimming pool area. Table tennis table also. Oh, and a dart board. They run little competitions (including rifle shooting) during the day which should interest your 14 year old.

Last edited by PaulB; 14-07-2010 at 10:36.
Old 14-07-2010, 10:35

Don't worry Geri, you will all have a great time. There is something for everyone & PP is fantastic.
There is a Pool table across the road at the Rosa Blanca too, my step-son used to play in the competitions there. Not sure if they still do them but I bet somebody knows!
Old 14-07-2010, 11:18

Tks very much everyone for that. You've been a great help and feel much better now. Another question - what restaurants would you recommend, both cheap and cheerful and nicer ones also - chinese, italian, chicken & chips?
Old 14-07-2010, 11:30
Super Moderator

GeriGirafe please take the time to read the Bars and Restaurants in Pollensa section, you will find many reviews of all different types of eateries here in the port.

http://Bars and Restaurants in Pollensa Mallorca