Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-09-2010, 21:50

Default Hotel I'lla Dor

Hello all, have been going to PP for a few years now, remember drinking bloody mary's while watching the sun go down at the Hotel I'lla d'Or just beautiful.
Sponsored Links
Old 15-09-2010, 19:16

Hotel I'lla d'Or...my favourite place to relax in PP....roll on next month!
Old 15-09-2010, 21:49

cant wait, roll on week sunday
Old 16-09-2010, 00:15

The Terrace Bar - Hotel I'lla D'or.
Great place for the very first 'drinkies' of your holiday any time of day.
What a brilliant view!
Old 16-09-2010, 15:27

I agree with everyone and also have to say what a great place to have afternoon tea !! I am taking my great aunt next week who is 86 and she loves the walk down the pine walk to the Illa D´Or. Yummy...can´t wait
Old 16-09-2010, 23:49

The Illa d'or has one very fond memory for me and that is from many moons ago when we where staying in a villa in c'an singala behind the hotel. More of that later.

Obviously because of where we were staying the nearest port of call was the hotel - so every night we would set of at x o'clock and stop at the Illa d'or for a cocktail - mainly because the ladies all wanted to see the barman - a very fit Hispanic lad called Bennito and Bloody Marys were the order of the day...every day! They used to keep the vodka on ice - literally the bottle was in the freezer, encased in ice!

Anyway - one night at the villa we stayed in to have a BBq and all got very sqiffy - the girls went to bed and the boys thought what now? 1 in the morning (PP had almost shut down by then it was so long ago) and there was no alternative - SKINNY DIPPING!!

So off the boys went and did the deed, but it was late and we had a thirst on and we realised that they were still cleaning up the terrace bar at the hotel, so off we dashed, struggling to get some clothing on, to try and get some beers. Seeing Benitto we pleaded with him, well.. just asked really, if we could have 6 beers for the 3 of us and pay in the morning? No problem says Benitto - we hade got to know him quite well by now!

So there we were 6 beers ahd 2 guys...2 guys there should have been 3 of us - where was Nigel? Now Nigel was not the fittest of guys and we had been apart now for the best part of 30 minutes - last seen in the sea, naked, after an evening of over indulgence

The 2 remaining survivors start to panic - calling out his name, quietly- so as to not wake any of the neighbours (we are a very concientious group of travellers) and eventually give up and return to our bottles of San Miguel, wondering how we are going to explain the loss of Nigel in the morning

After what seemed like an eternity there was a lot of splashing by the edge of the terrace and a little face appeared and as we walked over to it it said "My name's Bond.... James Bond....give me a hand up will you?"

The rest is history and will never be told
Old 17-09-2010, 00:10

cocktails at the I'lla Dor have to be the best in the world so mooooorish but deadly mmmm
bet you cant drink more than 2 come to think of it 1 usualy hits the spot
Old 17-09-2010, 00:12

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer View Post
The Illa d'or has one very fond memory for me and that is from many moons ago when we where staying in a villa in c'an singala behind the hotel. More of that later.

Obviously because of where we were staying the nearest port of call was the hotel - so every night we would set of at x o'clock and stop at the Illa d'or for a cocktail - mainly because the ladies all wanted to see the barman - a very fit Hispanic lad called Bennito and Bloody Marys were the order of the day...every day! They used to keep the vodka on ice - literally the bottle was in the freezer, encased in ice!

Anyway - one night at the villa we stayed in to have a BBq and all got very sqiffy - the girls went to bed and the boys thought what now? 1 in the morning (PP had almost shut down by then it was so long ago) and there was no alternative - SKINNY DIPPING!!

So off the boys went and did the deed, but it was late and we had a thirst on and we realised that they were still cleaning up the terrace bar at the hotel, so off we dashed, struggling to get some clothing on, to try and get some beers. Seeing Benitto we pleaded with him, well.. just asked really, if we could have 6 beers for the 3 of us and pay in the morning? No problem says Benitto - we hade got to know him quite well by now!

So there we were 6 beers ahd 2 guys...2 guys there should have been 3 of us - where was Nigel? Now Nigel was not the fittest of guys and we had been apart now for the best part of 30 minutes - last seen in the sea, naked, after an evening of over indulgence

The 2 remaining survivors start to panic - calling out his name, quietly- so as to not wake any of the neighbours (we are a very concientious group of travellers) and eventually give up and return to our bottles of San Miguel, wondering how we are going to explain the loss of Nigel in the morning

After what seemed like an eternity there was a lot of splashing by the edge of the terrace and a little face appeared and as we walked over to it it said "My name's Bond.... James Bond....give me a hand up will you?"

The rest is history and will never be told
all those who think the rest should be told here and now post
Old 20-09-2010, 16:10

Good laugh reading your post, more please
Old 20-09-2010, 16:17

Excellent, more please GG.
Old 20-09-2010, 16:31
Super Moderator

Come on GG.....spill the beans!!!.
Old 20-09-2010, 17:07
Founder

Come on now GG. The forum's founder orders you....
Old 20-09-2010, 18:57

All I will say is that we finally managed to find our way back to the villa at about 6 in the morning and crashed

Woke up early afternoon to find a note from the better halves saying "gone to Coach House beach"

Surfice to say they did not speak to us for several days after and even tried to have their own all night out - they came home about 1

The End
Old 20-09-2010, 19:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer View Post
All I will say is that we finally managed to find our way back to the villa at about 6 in the morning and crashed

Woke up early afternoon to find a note from the better halves saying "gone to Coach House beach"

Surfice to say they did not speak to us for several days after and even tried to have their own all night out - they came home about 1

The End
LOL was a great story but me thinks the ending has been edited perhaps to protect the inocent
Old 20-09-2010, 19:40
Super Moderator

GG i can't believe you of all people have wimped out