Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 09:54

Default Cala San Vicente

We visited CSV in May this year, it has always been one of our favourite places due to it being fairly quiet but we were dismayed to find it was like a ghost town, hopefully it was just because it was early in the season. There were one or two gift shops/supermarkets open and amazingly the fresh fruit was really fresh, though I wondered where the customers were to help with the turnover, I really felt sorry for the businesses that were trying to make a living.

The Don Pedro was opening that week but I wonder whether the other hotels, Simar, for instance are reopening this year (closed last year). Is the crazy golf opening, this place also looked very sad?

We had a walk along one of the beaches, there were lots of jelly fish washed up on the shore line. There was a problem last summer with jelly fish, nobody was swimming due to the amount of jelly fish in the water, not to be outdone we hired a pedalo and had great fun.

Hopefully, once the season gets under way there will be more people around, although I think the hotel Simar remaing closed last year put a nail in the coffin for a lot of the businesses in CSV.

I would love to hear if anybody has more positive news.

Last edited by whaleywanderer; 01-06-2010 at 10:01.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2010, 17:43

The Hotel Mollins closed earlier in the season last year than usual. My Dad was suppose to stay there During October half term (with Thomas Cook) but only the week before, was told the hotel was closing early and he was shifted to a hotel in Alcudia Bay!! (Not a happy bunny.) CSV was beautiful in April. The day we were there it had a positve vibe and the locals were putting the beach umbrellas up ready for the season to start. Not too sure about the apartments being built opposite the Mollins though
Old 01-06-2010, 17:53

crazy golf is closed for good
Old 01-06-2010, 18:30

Shame

CSV seems to be getting quieter and quieter. There are a few good places so I hope they can survive as the season seems to be getting shorter and shorter.

Adios

Dave
Old 01-06-2010, 19:50

Willywonka - do you know why the crazy golf has closed for good? Have they closed the lobby with internet access aswell?
Old 02-06-2010, 10:36

its all so sad. I have been going to CSV since I was 5 every year. What amazing child hood memories it holds, ones i was hoping to pass onto my 5 boys. Fortunately PP is doing just as good a job. It is such a shame, it is such a pretty place. Fingers crossed some big tour operator will see its potential. I for one would go back.
Old 02-06-2010, 15:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelise80 View Post
Willywonka - do you know why the crazy golf has closed for good? Have they closed the lobby with internet access aswell?
My understanding is that the people running the golf and internet were given notice to quit the property earlier this year
Old 29-06-2010, 19:55
Under Moderation

How sad, the last time I went out in 2008 was the first time I got to know the owners of the golf. I was even fixing the computers haha

We've gone out there for years now and each visit when we've taken new family the crazy golf was always a visit, someone always had their hair braided or some hena done there too.

Friendliest people I've ever met, such a shame they left