Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-06-2010, 09:34

Default Review of Penthouse Rosa Siller

This Penthouse is advertised with a well known villa company that advertise on this site. A google search of the name of the accomodation will give you all the details.

The penthouse is called as such because it has it's own private roof terrace, which houses a heated and lit hot tub, an outside kitchen with BBQ, dishwasher, huge fridge freezer, sink area, big table and chairs, aswell as a big area to sunbathe and take in the fantastic views.

The penthouse is on two levels within a block of eight other apartments. The block gives the impression that it's fairly new compared to other accomodation in it's surrounding area. I won't go too much into the description as that can be found on the company's website. I want this review to be more subjective to our own experience.

We've never stayed in Siller before and I must say, I found it to be perfect. We were roughly a ten minute walk from the main areas of PP. There was a sense of space and tranquility because the views I spoke of were of the mountains. The Eroski supermarket that's on the roundabout was a few minutes walk away for those moments of needing to grab some more milk in the mornings etc! We took a torch to walk back at night (only the last bit of the journey), but to be honest, I felt we didn't need it, but each to their own.

Now to value for money!!
It was expensive, but had been discounted and at that point was still being offered with the car hire included. It was also the week of 15th-22nd may so prices reflected that aswell. Anyway, to me it was still a treat (it was our birthdays and I wanted it to be this way). Don't get me wrong, we loved staying there and would again at the right price, but I admit to being a little surprised at some things, considering how other aspects of the accomodation were trying to give a high end impression. All the appliances appeared high end and there was a huge LCD or Plasma on the wall of the lounge if you can't do without the news etc! This was handy for us to keep up to date with the volcanic ash situation. The little niggly things weren't enough to call a rep in my opinion and this is not a review to whinge! But just things like the downstairs bathroom loo not being a great flush, no airer to dry your clothes and we could see others had them, no english instructions for the washing machine (my bad!) and it took us ages to find the safe! Although I feel that's a good thing! The sunbeds consited of one metal type one and the rest were the cheap and ratty looking plastic ones. When I've stayed in other accomodations with this company we have had a really big folder specifically for that villa. There was only a basic folder that was generic. I can't remember any other niggly's, but as I say, these were not enough to call the rep. Overall I was left with the impression that they didn't really care and this didn't reflect the image they were trying to portray with this place.

The roof terrace was the favourite bit out of our experience. It was huge and wrapped around one quarter of the building. The surface is decked and the hot tub cannot be overlooked. We would come back and spend a good few hours relaxing here before the sun disappeared at 8pm behind the mountain (not bad for May eh?!) It started getting the sun around 08.30, so in my opinion it was the best positioned penthouse in the block. The block itself has a lift and felt very quiet. There is only two floors, but four levels as each one has two floors to it. If that makes sense! You had your own allocated parking space which was helpful.

There was only the two of us, but, a family could use this as a fully working place to stay with a good size kitchen with good appliances to cook with etc. I'm not sure I'd be too happy with kids sleeping downstairs with shutters that roll up at full length windows though. Aswell as the loo being a pain to flush in the downstairs bathroom. The low walls for the downstairs balcony and also the roof terrace could be an issue for kids too.

We would stay here again as the good far outweighed the niggles. If it was completely unacceptable than I would've contacted the rep to give them a chance to fix it. I have put some photos on the group website.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by mearsy; 14-06-2010 at 09:39.
Sponsored Links
Old 27-06-2010, 18:45

Mearsy....I almost missed this one!! Thank you so much for this great in depth review....as you know I was interested in this one...hot tub, YES!!
I will keep everything you say in mind for next year.....goodness that seems ages away Glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks again
Old 27-06-2010, 19:12

You're more than welcome Favie! I hope more people write reviews as I would find them very helpful when choosing where to stay.

One other thing I didn't say was the stairs within the penthouse were floating stairs so quite innapropriate for little ones to be using without supervision! I think I may have put a pic on Flickr to show this. Another thing to bear in mind Favie, I thought the company was bluffing about the cut off date for car hire being included. They weren't! So I'm glad I booked when I did!

Next year will come around in no time and you'll have a lovely time if you go for this one.