Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-06-2010, 12:47

Default Villa with heated pool/aircon

I am having a lot of trouble finding a villa with heated pool in pto pollensa within walking distance of town and beaches-this is for Sept.I go to Lanzarote quite often and most have heated pools.We rented villa in Nerja-v nice but pool was not heated so we couldnt use it.If not Pto Pollensa how about Cala D'Or??Help
Coriona20uk
Sponsored Links
Old 16-06-2010, 13:19
Under Moderation

I have joined today to actually ask this same question. Are many pools heated in Pollensa? If so does anyone know to what temperature and if an additional cost is charged for the heating? Due to illness water has to be a certain temperature for me.
Thank you
Old 16-06-2010, 13:37

Hi, I had the same problem when i was looking. Alot of them are far away from the beach aren't they. Have a look at the Bellresguard estate. I am renting a huge and rather lovely appt called Lavinia. It sleeps 10 . I know its an appt but the are huge and in a super area. P
Old 16-06-2010, 16:59

As a villa owner I can confirm that unfortunately an additional charge is made for pool heating in most cases - to be honest the heating is so expensive to run that we have to charge extra for it - we don't make any sort of profit on it! I'm not sure what the going rate is this year but I remember being quite shocked last year when told how much we had to charge not to make a loss on it.
Old 16-06-2010, 17:08

We have rented villas & apartments in July & August & found that at that time of year the pools don't need to be heated. Would imagine in September they would be fairly warm anyway from all the summer sun. I can see a need in the Spring/Autumn months but not in summer. Unless as you say its for medical reasons & you need it fairly warm. Not quite as warm as the sea though which is beautiful!

Last edited by cherylbb; 16-06-2010 at 17:21. Reason: added
Old 16-06-2010, 18:28

Yes I agree with Cheryl. Certainly when we were at our villa a couple of weeks ago the pool was somewhat chilly but after a couple of days of lovely warm sunshine it was wonderful. The problem we find with ours is that the pool cools very quickly if there is bad weather and takes a while to heat again.
I found Kate's post very interesting as we had thought about heating our pool. My husbands relatives in the States had found them to be much cheaper even with transportation costs. If the cost of running it will be so expensive then i'm not so sure. I thought it would be nice out of season when we use the villa ourselves. If the sun isn't out and it is chilly I probably wouldn't feel like using it anyway. emm much thought!
Old 16-06-2010, 19:47

I echo Cheryl's view re pool heating

Not required June to End September unless for medical reasons

We have also used unheated pool in April, May and October ...... cold when you first get in but fine once acclimatised if you are swimming ....... though not always ok for just lolling around ............... biggest problem in spring and autumn is that you don;t have the really strong sun to quickly dry you and warm you when you get out ........ I normally find a hot chocolate does the trick lol
Old 16-06-2010, 19:57

emmm or a nice gin and tonic lol
Old 17-06-2010, 16:30

The pool heating does make the pool usable in April and late October - which is when we are usually in PP, so the expense is just about worth it. It takes a couple of days to warm up completely though - and yes, it does cool down quickly when it rains. I'm not sure we would have installed it just for ourselves but guests were asking for it and were mostly happy to pay the extra cost. Apparently there is an increasing trend for people to use pool heating even in July and August - sounds absolutely crazy I know!
Old 18-06-2010, 11:21

Would it cost save to install a pool cover to conserve heat - or maybe that would be a safety risk if it was able to be used by clients. Would there be a way for you to lock it open for the season, and just use it yourselves out of season?
Old 18-06-2010, 14:29

You tend to find that most of the villas near the beaches won't have pools because of the sea and plus there isn't the landspace to accommodate it unless it is one of the large frontline ones on the way down to Llenaire.

Most do tend to be in the area between PP and the old town and really nearer to the old town.
Old 10-10-2010, 23:33

Villaplus advertises villas with free pool heating and location maps can be found on their website.
Old 12-10-2010, 20:09

Recently I was spèaking to someone who installs these pool heaters and he was explaining that unless they are covered each night the heat is lost over night so the pool will be less than cold but not warm!!! Also he mentioned that the cost of running it - the electricity is very very expensive - most houses will not have sufficient power contracted to cope with the pool heater so the first thing will be too increase your power supply with your electric supplier and then pay lots of money for the joy of the heater motor kicking in!! Personally I have heard lots of people complain that they had booked a hotel or villa with heated pool but that it was still too chilly to use so I am not sure that it is worth either installing OR paying the extra for the property offering heated pool. There must be someone out there that has a personal experience of a heated pool???
Old 26-10-2010, 19:17

I have read all replies-I own a villa in lanzarote and the pool is heated in winter and solar in summer.you dont know what difference a heated pool makes.Trouble is we cant find them in places like Majorca/Minorca.I agree you must cover your pool at night otherwise it loses all its heat-now that is expensive.