Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   Forum regulars with apartments (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/5927-forum-regulars-apartments.html)

Pretty Polle 27-04-2010 20:53

Forum regulars with apartments

We’ve always booked package holidays but, in the future, we’re seriously considering booking our own flights and an apartment direct with owners if possible.

Ideally, we’d like to check on a few potential Lets while we’re on holiday in June and we were wondering whether anyone here had a 1 or 2 bed apartment south of the centre with a private roof terrace? If yes, we’d like to hear from you so please get in touch by sending us a PM.

Alternatively, if anyone has stayed in and can recommend any of those listed on the main site to the left, such as:

Llenaire La Plaza
Vista Monte
Olot 1
Olot B2B etc.

then we’d like to read of your experiences here or, if you prefer, please send us a PM.

We’d appreciate any help. Thank you.

eleanor 27-04-2010 21:17

Great idea to book directly. Many people do just that and have wonderful holidays which offers more freedom than package holidays.
You will find that there is a great selection of apartments and villas listed on this site which may be very suitable to your needs. The owners pay to advertise on this site and will supply detailed information. Should your require additional then you are able to make contact directly.

I hope you are able to find what you are looking for and I'm hoping that my dear friend Bella will add the link for me as I don't seem to have the basic skills to do so myself lol.

pollensa 27-04-2010 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pretty Polle (Post 42861)
Ideally, we’d like to check on a few potential Lets while we’re on holiday in June and we were wondering whether anyone here had a 1 or 2 bed apartment south of the centre with a private roof terrace? If yes, we’d like to hear from you so please get in touch by sending us a PM.

I'm sorry but it's against the T&Cs of this forum to allow members to promote their own properties as it is not fair on those advertisers who do pay to advertise on the main site - see http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...terms-use.html. If anyone can provide feedback on the properties that you are interested then I'm sure that you will be contacted.

Thank you.

Belladonna 27-04-2010 21:55

The link below will take you to the general site of private rentals, just fill in your requirements and browse through. The area you need to start with looking at your desired area is the South, Sandy Beach area.

Rent Villas Apartments in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca (Mallorca)

eleanor 27-04-2010 22:19

Ahhh I knew you wouldn't let me down Bella. Thanks lol

I shall go on a basic course for link posting - there must be one somewhere!!

bannergal 09-06-2010 20:38

Hi
I'm just back and I rented the nicest apartment ever -which I found through this site and it has a private roof terrace which was the best thing ever. It's new, well kept, very clean and nice quite area. The owners were lovely to deal with - tell them Una recommended the apartment. Search this site in the sandy beach area for Tramuntana View‏.

sws97sdg 10-06-2010 16:28

Just checking with the mods that its ok for members to mention and do a report on apartments rented through here, I think that would be useful to others?

JH02JLH 10-06-2010 16:36

Of course, sws! :)

eleanor 10-06-2010 16:54

I'm sorry but I'm afraid I don't like the idea of this as it could do damage to some renters. Not everyone has the same tastes and what suits one person may not suit someone else. The majority of people who rent their properties try very hard to do their best to supply a home from home and cater for many tastes but this doesn;t always work out for various reasons. For an example, We heard last week of someone who left an apartment as they didn't like the water pressure!
Personally I think to allow feedback either positive or negative on this site is unfair to everyone paying to advertise. Personally I think the 'mods' need to think very carefully of the consequences of allowing this to happen.

sws97sdg 10-06-2010 17:01

I'm sorry Eleanor I dont follow your argument at all?

eleanor 10-06-2010 17:07

Sorry but have I misunderstood here? I understood the question to be whether feedback of rental properties was to be allowed on this forum?
Have I got this right?
If so my argument would be that it is unfair to all who pay to advertise on this site to allow this to happen.

sws97sdg 10-06-2010 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by JH02JLH (Post 45074)
Of course, sws! :)

Thanks Jane, I thought that was the case, its just that bannergal seem reluctant to mention the name of the place she rented, and as it sounds like she had a great time, it would be nice to know where she stayed, and maybe have a report on it, I was purely asking the question that was all

eleanor 10-06-2010 17:13

Perhaps this should be asked in a PM!

Sparky 10-06-2010 17:21

As long as it's feedback on properties that advertise on the main site (ie, the owners have paid to promote their property) i can't see what the problem is.
It is surely no different than the restaurant/bar reviews that are a main feature on the forum, if we go with your argument Eleanor that would mean we could not talk about good or bad meals/experiences that we have had in any of the establishments that pay to advertise.

eleanor 10-06-2010 17:25

I is as simple as this - I have already stated my view. If this is to happen then I am afraid we will not be advertising our villa on this site after it expires shortly!
As has been mentioned many times before - the negative is stronger than the positive and I can not see how accommodation and restaurants can be measured in the same way!