Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-04-2010, 19:26

Default Playa Mar info request

Just booked a week at the Playa Mar from 06/06/10 for myself, Mrs Mcr and our 9 yr old daughter . Does anyone have any info on this hotel? I hear there is a gym but none of the reviews mention this. Also depending on which review the walk to the centre is anywhere between 15 and 30 minutes. We do usually stay nearer the centre but the package deal was too good to miss so any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 20-04-2010, 23:16

Hi havnt got first hand experience of staying there but did used to take my daughter down here to join in some of the daytime entertainment on occasions when she was little

It is most definitely a family hotel and so your daughter should have lots of other children to play with ....... it is more like a "holiday Centre" than a hotel with rooms in several blocks around at least 1 pool and with playgrounds etc

Has a very good reputation from what I can gather and plenty of entertainment

Great benefit is that if you want to escape the hustle and bustle you are 2mins away from the lovely quiet end of the pine walk and a nice relaxing drink at the Illa D'Or whilst your daughter explores the sea and beach area for hermit crabs; starfish; squids; fish that will come and take the bread from your hands if you are patient enough .................. also great area to snorkel

The walk into the centre is about 20mins but it is the MOST fantastic walk in the world IMO

Sure you will all have a great time ............... enjoy
Old 21-04-2010, 10:10

Stayed at the Playa Mar a couple of years ago.

Great hotel, especially if you have kids. There was no gym to speak of when we where there but maybe they have added one in the last couple of years.

The Playa Mar is about 20-25 mins walk away from the centre but if you walk into the town via the pinewalk and shore and it is very pleasant.

Our kids always wanted to be back at the hotel for the entertainment in the evening. After a large meal and a glass or two of wine we didn't fancy a brisk 25 min walk back so we used to jump in a taxi for a small amount of euros.

There is a small supermarket on site but 5 mins down the road will bring you to a larger one complete with bakery and lower costs.

The hotel is first class, you and your daughter will really enjoy your stay there.
Old 21-04-2010, 14:54

This was the first place we stayed in PP, went back twice and have booked a fortnight again in September this year. We went back to PP last year but stayed at the Bahia which is at the other end of town - still nice but nowhere near on the same level as Playa Mar. Our son will be 9 when we return this year and he loves it here, the reps have always been really good with the kids - granted the apartments are a little small but adequate for what you need. A small kids pool and two larger pools outside, it does say it has an indoor pool - wouldn't call it a pool though!

We have never been disappointed - apart from the year we chose the HB option - purely and simply as we don't like to miss out on the lovely restaurants in PP!!!!

Yes it is a quite a walk into town - but a lovely one - but yet the beach is literally minutes away !!

Hope you enjoy your stay - we :can't wait till we go back in September
Old 21-04-2010, 17:52

Thanks for your replies it really does help. Shame about the gym but guess strolling up and down the pine walk will walk my dinner off! I am in total agreement with the HB, why would you knowing how good the restaurants are in the town. Really looking forward to it now.
Thanks Again
Old 16-05-2010, 13:43

Hi

There is a gym. It's tucked away next to the indoor pool in the basement. It's past reception and the toilets and just before the Thomson rep desk. You get to it via some stairs.

The aparthotel is great. I think it is by far the best accomodation in PP.

The walk along the Pine Walk is lovely.

Hope you have superb time.

Gx
Old 19-05-2010, 19:51

Brilliant news! Thanks Gia. It means I can get in my run without getting up too early to beat the mid day sun (mad dogs and english men and all that)