Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-05-2001, 06:47
villa concha

Default villa concha

staying at villa concha towards the end of sept would like views on the accommodation,the weather at that time of year and does the resort begin to wind down at that time?
Sponsored Links
Old 24-05-2001, 06:09
Me too

Default Me too

We are going at the start of July and would like some feedback. Looking at the Travel agents "under the counter" guidebook - it sounds quite nice.
Old 24-05-2001, 06:22
villa concha

Default villa concha

nicky jt,It would be great if you could give a report on the accomodation when you get back,but hopefully we will get some feedback before then.
Old 24-05-2001, 19:09
Founder

Dear Nicky x 2,

Have a look at this page on the Virgin site. I understand the descriptions are from the Travel Agents book (that we don't often see!) & there is a very positive review. I remember reading an article about it in my local paper a while ago & the journalist who stayed there really enjoyed it. When you come back, please post your comments here. As you know other potential visitors will be interested!
Villa Concha
Old 27-06-2001, 01:59
Villa Concha

Default Villa Concha

Stayed there a couple of years ago in June. Excellent accommodation, though they had to close the pool as it sprang a leak! Only closed for a couple of days tho'.
Staff were friendly & helpful - food & drinks good.
Lots of families with young (under 10 y o) children.
Very handy for beach, near to small park, handy for shops. We enjoyed the Torre Playa restaurant which is probably the first one you come to on foot.
We had an appartment with a mezzanine bedroom right at the top, and it got very stuffy up there as ther awas no ventilation.

Hope you have as much fun as we did!
Old 09-02-2002, 02:44
Villa Concha

Default Villa Concha

Hello, Nicky? We stayed there last September and it was the best holiday we have ever had!! the daily walk along the beach front was glorious..no crowds, plenty of super shops...go there you will enjoy it....
Old 10-02-2002, 04:51
our review.

Default our review.

Hi

We went to Villa Concha last year. I must say we did enjoy the resort but not the accommodation. We went in early July to avoid children but they were everywhere. The accommodation is good for families but not for couples we felt like second class citizens. The room was small and stuffy, to rent a fan cost about £20 and to top it all we didn't have a bed. (we should have read the brochure as when we returned it did not specify one). The bed settee was basically foam matresses and in the heat it was not comfortable. Our first room was also over the bar and had children (and parents) screaming until about 2am on our first night. We were able to move rooms a week later and got some peace and quiet. In the mean time to get some temporary peace we booked a couple of nights in Palma at the Sarattoga hotel (excellent if anyone is staying in Palma).
Anyway to sum up great if you have kids and like getting up at 6am to bag a lounger. if you are looking to get away from it all with your partner don't bother.
Old 15-04-2002, 04:35
villa concha

Default villa concha

going middle of may will let you know findings when i return
Old 22-04-2002, 21:36
villa concha

Default villa concha

I am going there too at the end of June. I will check back to see if any more updates.
Old 13-09-2002, 05:47
terri stevens

Default Re: our review.

Hi Nicky, do you have the website of the hotel in Palma, Saratoga was it?
We're going to Mallorca next year and are renting a villa, but we possibly might need a night or two either side in Palma to take advantage of cheaper flights.
Many thanks,
Terri
Old 13-09-2002, 07:01

Default Hotel Borne

If you are going to be staying in Palma, why not try this hotel. It is very central, and is a perfect setting.
Old 13-09-2002, 15:49
terri stevens

Default Re: Hotel Borne

Well actually, i don't really mind where I stay, will look around , but the best way is usually from personal reccommendation.
I also like to check out the website if possible, so any URLs would be appreciated.
thanks for the help.
Terri
Old 13-09-2002, 19:14
Founder

Default Re: Hotel Borne etc.

Terri,

I cannot find actual websites for either of the hotels mentioned although several other sites do feature them.

The best thing is to search using Google & specify palma and the hotel name e.g. www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=palma+hotel+borne &
www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=palma+hotel+saratoga

If the hotels have websites you should find them somewhere in the google list.

With regard to staying in hotels, we once stayed at the Hotel Gala, Ca'n Pastilla on arriving - very cheap, near to the airport & a bit noisy www.arrakis.es/~hotelgala/hgala.htm & on the way back at the Hotel Mar i Vent, Banyabulfar - lovely hotel, beautiful location, rather quiet & the choice of food was very limited. It is family run. www.reisdemallorca.com/hoteles.php3?id=16&lang=uk
Old 13-09-2002, 21:11
terri stevens

Default Re: Hotel Borne etc.

Thanks Pollensa, as usual you've come up trumps.
Great site, I found those 2 hotels ( & a whole lot more ), like the look of the Borne - no prices on the site but I'll contact them, it looks v good for a 2* I must say.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Terri