Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 19:17

Default Hotel La Singala

Hello everyone!
Having spent many enjoyable holidays in the Globespan owned La Singala, located in carrer Faro,at the far end of the Pine walk, My wife and I were saddened by the recent collapse of Fly Globespan.

This gem of an Hotel is rated at 2 stars, but masquerades as at least 3 stars in terms of staff and comfort of accommodation!

We would be interested to learn whether anyone knows the current status of the Hotel, and whether ther is any possibility of its revival under new ownership.

Many thanks BrianW
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2010, 19:42

Hi

We were in PPlast week and walked past the Singala daily and it is so sad to see it all boarded up, same with the Sis Pins

From what I have heard neither of the hotels have yet been sold and so won;t be reopening this season

It is such a shame and we just need to hope they find a viable buyer who wants to run each as the lovelly hotels they are

I have always wondered why the Singala didn't branch out into good quality mid priced evening meals if only in the summer months as there are lots of families in bellresguard and Sangrilla who would welcome somewhere closeby to eat on the odd night, especially after one of those majical summer evenings when you stay on the beach until sunset and then want to just nip home for a quick shower and then eat before it gets too late

If I did the lottery I could wish for a win and then indulge myself and buy the place for a hobby

Last edited by its cd; 09-04-2010 at 19:46.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:14

In 2001 and 2002 they did do evening meals, the chef in 2001 was I think a young spanish woman and was excellent, was still nice the next year but not quite as good as she had moved on, I dont think they got enough people in of a night to make it worthwhile a bit out of the way.