Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 12:27

Default Villa Llenyater through Sealand

Hi there

Has anyone stayed at Llenyater? It's on the road to the right of the sports centre just past the horse riding stables. It looks lovely, but we just wondered about noise from the road and the recycling centre?

Thank you!

Vicky
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2010, 17:58

If you have doubts then why rent when there are so may nice places available?
Look at this site under private rentals and you can speak with the owners directly and not through a third person.
Old 05-04-2010, 20:12

Hi Vicky and welcome to the forum
Hopefully this may be more relevant information. We stay about 500m up the main road from where you describe, the road the villa is on is not a main road, but it can be busy with hire cars etc at peak evening time. As for the rubbish collection area, they only get emptied once a day at most so shouldn't be a problem. All this is out weighed by being in walking distance of some of the best restaurants in the area, you don't mention if you have children, but one thing this road is unlit without paths.
Hope this is of use to you

On island time!!
Old 05-04-2010, 22:11

Hi ,
We have stayed in many different villas in the Pollensa area over several years.
The year before last stayed at a villa adjacent to the road just past the recycling centre .
There was no problem with noise from the road or the recycling centre and we would have no hesitation in staying in the same villa again.
Hope this helps.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:13

sws97sdg I felt my post was very relevant actually!

I think perhaps its worth noting that many people pay good money to advertise their villas and apartments on this site. What is good for some may not be good for others and how people measure things can be very different.

One negative comment can make the difference of renting a property not just for one week but for the whole season. My comment was simply to suggest that any questions relating to a property or an area should be directed to the person renting the property. If that person is the actual owner then it is much more likely that questions will be answered honestly as owners have nothing to hide. The majority would want their guests to be happy and to return. They certainly would not want aggro after the event! A third person i.e. rental company may not always be so forth coming.

So I believe my post to be very relevant information!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:54

Eleanor I agree I always prefer to speak direct to the owner gives you great insight into property even though I know PP very well, for a change this year we are staying in Sillar nice area aprt looks great nice lady been very helpfull as our homeward flight cancelled so we got an extra day.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:02

I agree Eleanor! Cutting out the middle man and speaking directly to the owners always worked well for us when we used to rent. They can be far more accomodating and you can build up a rapport that you wouldn't get with an agent.

Now I have my own place in PP I have people who have stayed year after year, as they like the personal touch and know I'm only a phone call away if there is a problem.
Old 06-04-2010, 16:25

I think SWS was giving more relevant information not more relevant information. ( e.g. eats leaves and shoots)

Adios

Dave
Old 06-04-2010, 19:08

Default Villa Llenyater through Sealand

Dear all

Thank you all very much for taking the time to reply.

We've been coming to Pollenca for more years than we care to admit, but have always stayed out in the countryside and wanted to be a little closer to Pollensa, without actually being in town, so that we could walk in if we wanted to - hence Llenyater.

We had a quick look at it over the fence last weekend when we were there, but it was difficult to judge on a quiet Easter Sunday morning what it would be like in the season.

We have used Sealand before and have found them to be very good, but just thought we would find out whether we could gather some independent local knowledge from the forum.

Now we are registered with the forum, we will be looking at some of the direct lets next time .... once the slap marks on my legs have calmed down

Thanks again everyone

Regards

Vicky
Old 06-04-2010, 19:33

Thats ok Vicky, had a quick look on line at the villa, it looks absolutely stunning, very jealous, let us know what you decided to do.

On island time!!
Old 06-04-2010, 20:38

Hi Vicky. Please accept my apologies for my somewhat abrupt response to your post. I am afraid I worry as there are so many posts on this forum which relate to individual properties, some of which have received negative responses. Personally I don't like this as it can be very damaging. Most renters are completely upfront and as I said before one negative comment can make a difference to the rental of a property for the whole season. How someone feels about a property can differ from person to person but judgements are made. The negative is always stronger than the positive and that is what is remembered.
When I read your post I just thought - here we go again and i'm sorry I re-acted as I did.
I hope you enjoy your holiday and your legs stop stinging quickly!
Old 08-04-2010, 16:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical Dave View Post
I think SWS was giving more relevant information not more relevant information. ( e.g. eats leaves and shoots)

Adios

Dave
I've got the other book then - Eats shoots and leaves!
Old 08-04-2010, 20:36

LOL @ Bella!!! I hadn't noticed that before. Pretty hard to do it that why round...or maybe not if you're on your own
Old 08-04-2010, 23:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
I've got the other book then - Eats shoots and leaves!

Well done Bella, I was wondering if anyone would spot it...............

Adios

Dave
Old 15-05-2010, 19:28

Smile Villa Llenyater through Sealand - Booked!

Hi all

We booked the villa - thanks again for everyone's comments, and are heading to Mallorca again on the 24th June. Spending a couple of nights in Palma first, then up to the villa.

Can't wait!

Vicky