Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2002, 18:32
terri stevens

Default Hostal Bahia

Hi there, does anyone have any info re this hotel?
I believe it's in the Pine Walk area and looks good on a couple of sites I've found, but I was just wondering if anyone has stayed there recently - always the best way to check a place out.
I'm looking for a nice hotel for a week's break next year, possibly mid May or early june. We're a middle aged couple without kids looking for rest & relaxation, don't want luxury but no lager louts either. Peace and quiet, but with restaurants etc close at hand, and close to country/mountain scenery for walks etc.
PP looks ideal, but what about this hotel? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,
Terri.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2002, 01:39

We stayed there for a few days last October. We chose it because we know & love Puerto Pollensa & the Hostal Bahia is in an ideal situation right on the Pine Walk.

But do be warned that it is a hostal & not a luxury hotel. It is a simple hotel with plenty of character but no aircon etc. If possible try & get one of the rooms at the front with a balcony overlooking the beach & the sea. The situation of the Bahia is one of the best things about it. It does have a restaurant - but we've never eaten there since there is so much choice nearby. We would happily stay there again but perhaps for no longer than a week. The Illa D'Or 4 star hotel is further up the beach but a lot smarter.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:37
terri stevens

Holidaymaker,
thanks for the reply, yes I was wondering whether this one was really the one we want - as you say it's a hostal - I also was looking at the illa D'or and also the Sis Pins.
ah well keep on looking!
Btw does anyone know when Go & Easyjet start selling their Spring season flights? At the moment they only go to March '03.
Terri
Old 12-10-2002, 03:35
Founder

Terri,

I think I'd probably go for the Sis Pins since it also has a lovely location & is slightly nearer to the centre. The Illa D'Or as pointed out is smarter but further away. The Sis Pins is now owned by Globespan & I believe you can only book through them.

Re summer flights from Easyjet & Go, it used to start in December but was November last year. Sign up for their mailing lists & you will get emailed. Prices go up according to availability. If you can go mid-week they're much cheaper.
Old 24-10-2002, 13:49

Default Hostal Bahia

Sorry, don,t know this place, but if you want a quiet setting, look at the Uyal or Polentia Hotels. They are across from the beach but a little out of the main port area. Haven't stayed there myself, but they look nice from the outside. Anyone else know anything about them?