Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   Hostal Bahia (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/580-hostal-bahia.html)

terri stevens 11-10-2002 18:32

Hostal Bahia

Hi there, does anyone have any info re this hotel?
I believe it's in the Pine Walk area and looks good on a couple of sites I've found, but I was just wondering if anyone has stayed there recently - always the best way to check a place out.
I'm looking for a nice hotel for a week's break next year, possibly mid May or early june. We're a middle aged couple without kids looking for rest & relaxation, don't want luxury but no lager louts either. Peace and quiet, but with restaurants etc close at hand, and close to country/mountain scenery for walks etc.
PP looks ideal, but what about this hotel? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,
Terri.

holidaymaker 12-10-2002 01:39

We stayed there for a few days last October. We chose it because we know & love Puerto Pollensa & the Hostal Bahia is in an ideal situation right on the Pine Walk.

But do be warned that it is a hostal & not a luxury hotel. It is a simple hotel with plenty of character but no aircon etc. If possible try & get one of the rooms at the front with a balcony overlooking the beach & the sea. The situation of the Bahia is one of the best things about it. It does have a restaurant - but we've never eaten there since there is so much choice nearby. We would happily stay there again but perhaps for no longer than a week. The Illa D'Or 4 star hotel is further up the beach but a lot smarter.

terri stevens 12-10-2002 02:37

Holidaymaker,
thanks for the reply, yes I was wondering whether this one was really the one we want - as you say it's a hostal - I also was looking at the illa D'or and also the Sis Pins.
ah well keep on looking!
Btw does anyone know when Go & Easyjet start selling their Spring season flights? At the moment they only go to March '03.
Terri

pollensa 12-10-2002 03:35

Terri,

I think I'd probably go for the Sis Pins since it also has a lovely location & is slightly nearer to the centre. The Illa D'Or as pointed out is smarter but further away. The Sis Pins is now owned by Globespan & I believe you can only book through them.

Re summer flights from Easyjet & Go, it used to start in December but was November last year. Sign up for their mailing lists & you will get emailed. Prices go up according to availability. If you can go mid-week they're much cheaper.

mallorcaboy 24-10-2002 13:49

Hostal Bahia

Sorry, don,t know this place, but if you want a quiet setting, look at the Uyal or Polentia Hotels. They are across from the beach but a little out of the main port area. Haven't stayed there myself, but they look nice from the outside. Anyone else know anything about them?