Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   villa encis (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/5708-villa-encis.html)

jomell 25-02-2010 10:42

villa encis

Hi - new to the forum but been to pollensa 3 times so far and love it! We are presently looking at booking a villa through villa parade called villa encis which is within walking distance of the old town and looks great for us and our small children - I have looked on the satellite image on the VP website showing the position of the villa and can't work out what the buildings to the left of the villa are. Can anyone enlighten me? Am slightly concerned about smells from stables in the heat etc - if anyone would be good enough to check on the VP website for villa encis i would be really grateful. :)

many thanks

sws97sdg 25-02-2010 11:49

Hi Jomell, this is a very difficult one, all I would say is to defiantly speak to someone at VP and tell them you have small children and wont to walk into town, they should be able to advise on the suitability of the villa location for this
Hope this helps

jomell 25-02-2010 14:57

thanks - checked with VP and they tell me it is a building yard used for storing building materials - I asked if there was any building work or just storage - they said just storage but looks quite big so a bit concerned about possible noise. Thought I would post details of their response in case it can help anyone else

Mark 25-02-2010 15:43

Welcome to the forums jomell :)

The Villa looks good :)

The problem I see is that road is not a good one to be walking along with children.
That last Kilometre of that road is very narrow and has stone walls at the sides, no safe place to stand when cars pass.
No way I would walk along there in the dark after a night out.

Also the road near the roundabout is fairly busy, not ideal for crossing with children really.

A link that shows the roundabout here:
Pollença, Balearic Isles, Balearic Islands, Spain - Google Maps

On our next trip we are planning for a Villa within walking distance of the old town.

We have been looking at the other side of the old town on the quiet roads with an easy walk in to town, So that I can drink more wine and walk home. :D

Have a look around this area for example:
Pollença, Balearic Isles, Balearic Islands, Spain - Google Maps

There are many nice rental villas in that area, just got to find them on a website to book.

Hope that helps,

Mark.

jomell 25-02-2010 17:54

thanks Mark - that's really helpful - is it the same for all villas on this side then? There is another one called coster del puig that looks nearer the main road but that is also down a track. we have also been looking at villa can toni which is down a road opposite the roman bridge so it is near but still looks like it has countryside around - do you think this would be a better option? I like the idea of being able to wander into town for a coffee or a mooch around without needing the car although we are happy to drive at night as we have young children with us so not exactly out on the lash - can always open a bottle of wine on the terrace once they are in bed :)

The alternative is to go for something further out in the country and just drive in - I think this is my husband's preference as it would be quieter with more open space - hopefully we can agree on one soon as we have already booked flights!

thanks again

sws97sdg 25-02-2010 18:01

What age are your kids Jomell, will you use a pushchair, the villa we go to is just over the main road and is literally 5 mins to the outskirts of the town, it has a small room upstairs with twin beds, that may be ideal for you, its with MFH who advertise on the site, good thing is they have just dropped their prices

mearsy 25-02-2010 18:10

We stayed in Villa Katerina (VP) that is located on the road that runs parallel to your one. If it's the same kind of road, which it looks like it is, and from memory it is, you really don't want to be walking along there with kiddies.

Our road that leads off from that roundabout was winding and narrow and that was using a car! I notice on the description for villa Encis it say's 'day time walk', that's probably because it's not lit, making it even more of a hazard!