Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2003, 01:38
LINCLAIRE67

Default WEATHER / ACTIVITIES IN MAY

WE ARE A PARTY OF 8 AND WE WIL BE COMING TO PUERTO POLLENSA ON MAY 10TH FOR A WEEK.
WE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT WE CAN EXPECT WEATHER WISE, AS THERE ARE 2 YOUNG CHILDREN WE WILL NEED TO PROTECT THEM FROM SUNBURN.
ALSO, WILL THE BEACH ACTIVITIES LIKE WATERSPORTS BE AVAILABLE AND UP AND RUNNING?
WHAT ABOUT ALL THE BARS AND RESTAURANTS?
I'M A FAN OF THE PROGRAMME "PASSPORT TO THE SUN"
AND RECENTLY THEY HAVE BEEN FEATURING SNIPPETS OF PUERTO POLLENSA AND I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO GOING. IT LOOKS PERFECT FOR A GOOD ALL ROUND FAMILY HOLIDAY WITHOUT THE MADNESS OF LOADS OF NIGHTCLUBS EVERYWHERE. I REALLY HPOE THAT I'M RIGHT!! ANY INFO WOULD BE REALLY APPRECIATED LIN FROM SOMERSET
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2003, 05:46

Default may

The official start to the summer season is May 1, so everything should be up and running by then, including all water sports facilities.
Weather is never totally predictable in May (nor any month during the last 18!) but should, and I emphasise should, be very pleasant, warm and mostly sunny
Have a great holiday
Old 07-03-2003, 05:40
smiddy

Default May

May is a lovely time to go, we always did when our children were pre school, beaches and restaurants quieter although i recall it being quite chilly at night.
Old 26-03-2003, 22:46

Default AHH May!!

May is a good time to take small children, it is usually very nice at that time, although it can be a bit windy on the beach, if you are taking little one's take one of those little tents you can put up on the beach, not only do they protect from the sun, but they keep off the wind to. You may need a light cardigan in the evenings.8)
Where are you staying in the port?
Old 26-03-2003, 23:42
LINCLAIRE

Default WEATHER IN MAY

WE ARE STAYING AT THE VILLA GOTMAR WHICH WE HAVE BEEN ASSURED IS A 5 MINUTE STROLL TO THE BEACH AND RESTAURANTS.
I'M REALLY GLAD THAT WE HAVE PICKED A NICE TIME OF YEAR TO COME.
I HAVE ONE OF THOSE TENTS YOU DISCRIBE AND WILL BRING IT WITH US
LIN:rollin
P.S ONLY 6 WEEKS TO GO:lol :lol :lol :lol
Old 27-03-2003, 03:37

Default Very Nice

villa Gotma is in a nice quiet place, I think it may take a little more than 5 minutes to walk to the beach, but not a lot longer.
If you walk down to the Pollenca Park Hotel, and take the road down to the beach, there is a lovely little bar called La Maina it is opposite the beach.
They do a wonderfull paella, you can sit and watch the world go by.
Have a great time 8)
Old 31-03-2003, 06:28
rachatkin

Default also arriving in May with small children

we are staying at the las velas villas (nr.:rollin :rollin The Hotel Pollensa Park) and enjoy eating out in the evenings with our three children .We would welcome any suggestions for good local food in this area without having to walk into the main square.
Old 01-04-2003, 00:02
star81

Default Restaurants Nr.Pollensa Park

There are lots of nice places near the Po Park to eat. Don't know how young your children are, but if you are wanting something simple for them then the Sparrow was always nice. It's acrossfrom the Po Park and up the street a bit beside other restaurants. Food is always good and the guys that run it very pleasant. Not fancy food and most definately not the best in Puerto Pollensa but is a good family restaurant where kids are very welcome and serves good quality food.

Look under the restaurants/ eating section of this forum for some other ideas.

Enjoy your hols !
Old 03-04-2003, 04:46
rachatkin

Default Re: Restaurants Nr.Pollensa Park

thankyou for your comments, we will give it a go.We are really looking forward to our hols.