Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-01-2010, 18:38

Default Alternative to La Residencia Deia wanted..

I'm in the middle of trying to sort out a holiday to celebrate special birthdays in May. We are going for a nice penthouse for a week in PP, but after that I'm looking for a special hotel for 3 nights. We were all set to push the boat out and return to La Residencia until they hiked their rates up by unmentionable amounts over the last 10 days.

So, I'm looking for something that will give me the same kind of criteria, which is..

A pool within an environment that gives a real feeling of relaxation (I plan to do nothing for these last 3 days!)
Somewhere characteristic of Mallorcan style.
I don't mind it being outside of walking distance as it has to make me want to stay there and relax. In fact, it could be anywhere!
Good service

I've sent an enquiry to Hotel Llenaire, so am awaiting that. There are some nice out of town properties in Soller I've seen too. I've stayed in Posada De Lluc before and although that was nice, I'm looking for something a bit more wow. I've searched Tripadvisor and am failing to find anything around the PP or Pollenca area apart from the Llenaire.

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Old 31-01-2010, 19:35

Son Brull - Pollensa - next to golf club.
Old 31-01-2010, 21:56

Friends of mine stayed here for their honeymoon and absolutely adored it

probably not as "upmarket" as la residentia but they were very impressed

Mallorca Agroturismo - Majorca rural hotels - Holidays
Old 31-01-2010, 22:10

Reads Hotel at Santa Maria is absolutely wonderful.
Also look at Son Siurana - Nr. Alcudia/Pollensa
and Gran Son Net at Puigpunyent.
It always depends on taste so looking at their websites and reading up on them gives a good indication. Unfortunately I have to say that although we were very impressed with most of Son Brull, we were not over impressed with their 365 Restaurant, or the spa facilities.
Old 31-01-2010, 23:47

Wow! Thanks. They are exactly what I'm looking for. Reads is only a fraction cheaper than La Residencia for that time of year, but stunning.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:19

We stayed at Cas Xorc just outside of Soller. Its a small converted olive farm - absolutely superb, as was the food.

Hotel/Restaurant Ca's Xorc, Sóller/Mallorca - ˇBienvenidos!

There's a thread about it on here somewhere !
Old 01-02-2010, 09:20

Have to agree Son Brull is a beautiful place in a wonderful setting but the restaurant badly lets it down. Havn't stayed here ( Monnaber Nou Hotel Reviews and Photos, Campanet, Spain - TripAdvisor) but had a quick look round, looks wonderful.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mearsy View Post
Wow! Thanks. They are exactly what I'm looking for. Reads is only a fraction cheaper than La Residencia for that time of year, but stunning.
There is a long post - or two - on Reads if you want to get a feel for the place. Check it out, its under READS in the search file strangely enough!
Old 01-02-2010, 20:41

These hotels all seem lovely with good reviews on Tripadvisor too. I've seen the Soller one, but had a favourite in that area called Can Coll. I'm starting to get replies re availability now and that particular one isn't available, but a contender for a future trip to the island.

Things may have moved on a bit today aswell. On checking my emails this evening I received a reply from La Residencia offering me a deal. I really don't know what to do! It will always be no1 for me because of our honeymoon being spent there.

I was trying to console myself and the husband when I decided they were taking the michael with hiking their rates up. I tried to look upon it as a positive by thinking that at least we would have more spending money if we went for a cheaper hotel. Now I'm torn! I might do something I never do and let the husband decide!

Thanks again everyone, they all look lush.
Old 01-02-2010, 23:46

what about the one in C. S Vicente... (sorry cant rem the name... but the one with the private car collection... anyone help ? )

Miriam
Old 02-02-2010, 11:16

mearsy, if you can manage La Residencia go for it! We haven't yet managed to book there as it has just not been available for short stays, which is what we really want to do. I would love to stay there and their restaurant still has a good reputation. If you have a good deal, bite the bullet and go!
Old 02-02-2010, 11:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by med777 View Post
what about the one in C. S Vicente... (sorry cant rem the name... but the one with the private car collection... anyone help ? )

Miriam
La Moraleja. Always wanted to stay there as well.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:02

The garden area looks nice, but I'm looking for something a bit more traditional. I'm really attracted to old stone Fincas. Husband is still in bed at the moment after a late shift, so has no idea we've been offered a deal yet. I remain undecided.

Thanks
Old 02-02-2010, 12:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
mearsy, if you can manage La Residencia go for it! We haven't yet managed to book there as it has just not been available for short stays, which is what we really want to do. I would love to stay there and their restaurant still has a good reputation. If you have a good deal, bite the bullet and go!
From what I can remember the short stays are harder to get in the height of the season, but they do have some themed short stays available. If you do go, you won't regret it.

We didn't eat in El Olivo's because the husband has simple tastes and didn't go much on the choice of the menu. Also, because it is bleeding expensive! and there are some nice little eateries in Deia itself. We did eat on the terrace one night though from a different menu, and that meal will remain with me forever. Not just the food, but the environment aswell etc etc.

Although it attracts the well known (or at least it used to), and potentially those that feel like they have paid enough money for their stay to own the staff, I have stayed twice and never ever felt out of place. The staff are lovely and the service is impecable without being stuffy. I can honestly say our stay on both occasions was perfect.
Old 02-02-2010, 14:32

I've heard good things from a few people about a hotel in Orient called the Hermitage. I've never stayed there but it looks good on the website!