Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-01-2010, 23:04
Under Moderation

Default Villa Segura Apartments in Puerto Pollensa or Coste C'an Moragues in Pollensa?

Hi

I'm planning on going to a villa in May for 2 weeks and can't decide which villa to choose between Villa Segura or Coste C'an Moragues. They both look lovely but in different settings. I don't particularly want to hire a car and would like to be in walking distance of some restaurants, etc.

The second villa is 7km away from the nearest beach, so I wondered if anyone knew if exactly where it was situated and if there was public transport to make it more accessible. The brochure says it's 'car essential', hence the questions.

I'm going with my husband, mum and then 22 month old - so pushchair-friendly would be good.

If anyone can offer any information, particularly on Coste C'an Moragues, I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks
Caroline
Sponsored Links
Old 31-01-2010, 00:02

Hi Caroline
The two options are very different really, the later is near the town which as it states is around 7Km from the beach but right next to the town which has a large selection of restaurants and bars, we stay very close to it, there is a bus which runs frequently and takes you down to the port. The other is right near the port and the beach and is also near more restaurants and bars, so really the choice is near the beach or slightly further out and near the town, which is more Spanish. difficult to advise, I would do some reading on here to get a feel to both places, i hope this helps in some way. At either villa I know you will have a great time.

On island time!!
Old 31-01-2010, 13:50
Under Moderation

Thank you very much! I really appreciate your help. The bit about being either nearer the beach or the town does help, and knowing there is a frequent bus service to take us to the port if we chose Coste C'an Moragues gives us a lot of comfort.

Thankfully, both are close to bars and restaurants, which is exactly how I intend to spend my 2 blissful weeks away with my family!
Old 31-01-2010, 16:54

If I were you I would take a look at this site at the villas which are privately rented. You can talk directly with the owner rather than deal with a third party. This will enable you to make a judgement on your booking based on the villa and it's location. You probably will find that you have more of a choice too and it could be much cheaper for you to go directly.
Old 23-10-2010, 21:16

Hi,
I have been trying to find Villa Segura in brochures and on line, but doesnt seem to be available. pLease can you tell me which company you saw them with?
Many thanks
Old 24-10-2010, 11:53

looks like it is on Thomas cook website according to this:

Villa Segura - Pollenca Message Board - TripAdvisor

Thomas Cook ? Book cheap holidays, holiday deals, hotels, flights

The Thomas Cook website is useless though as there is no search box.

If anyone finds it post a link

Mark.
Old 30-10-2010, 15:41

Thanks Mark for your help.
Have contacted Thomas Cook on-line help and they dont seem to have villa segura on their books for next year. So, if anyone finds out any further info, please post a link.
Cheers,