Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 22:03

That's disappointing but not surprising, we usually stay at Sis Pins but have booked elsewhere for this summer as wanted to be sure we had accommodation.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2010, 23:12

Have now given up on re-booking the Sis Pins and have booked with the Miramar Hotel instead. Giving up on the room fridge, ice machine, free safety deposit box and great service but just can't afford to miss out on the view. Second best maybe but I'll keep an eye out on the Sis Pins and hope one day to be back :-)
Old 01-02-2010, 23:28

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portofan View Post
The large Barrhead Travel shop in Silverburn has a staff memeber sitting near the door with a notice on the desk saying if interested in BA flights(their charters) to Palma and Barcelona, to jusk ask for info, so that looks a bit like they might be doing flight only.

But no doubt at a price!
Maybe we should start a new thread (glasgow/west coast/ scotland flights) on this and perhaps pollensa can trasfer/link these .... yes ?

Miraim
Old 02-02-2010, 20:07

Hi alathays!

Having stayed twice in the Miramar in 2008, would not agree that it would take second place to the Sis Pins.

A front room with terrace or balcony in the Miramar is excellent, though the sun is gone by later in the day, second visit was in a room to rear so not so good but same I suppose as the Sis Pins.

This is off topic of course, it remains to be seen what will happen with the SP and La Singala this year, hopefully they will both be available to visitors.
Old 02-02-2010, 20:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by med777 View Post
Maybe we should start a new thread (glasgow/west coast/ scotland flights) on this and perhaps pollensa can trasfer/link these .... yes ?

Miraim
It's done, Miriam. For the new thread have a look here:

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...d-flights.html
Old 05-02-2010, 11:12

Hi Kathlyn,

I have sent you a PM with contact details of Hazel Jones.
Old 05-02-2010, 16:08

It's the fridge I'll miss the most. I've managed to get a sea view with balcony for £50 less than the SiS Pins was charging and I know the Miramar well. I suppose there's always the option of buying a bag of ice from the supermarket nearby for those Gin & Tonic afternoons on the balcony + I'll pick up a cheap kettle on the way from the airport. Small touches but ones that gave the Sis Pins a slight edge in my book :-)
Old 05-02-2010, 20:02

We've also booked Miramar instead of Sis Pins this year, we stayed at Miramar once before and you can hire a fridge from them for 15euro a week, as there are 4 of us in 2 rooms it's definitely worth having it. We'll likely have to get used to not having all the home comforts we had got used to at Sis Pins, whoever takes it over!
Old 05-02-2010, 23:56

Smile

Excellent news

I'll contact them and see what's on offer. There are 4 of us in two rooms and a fridge would be a godsend
Old 23-02-2010, 23:38

I can not confirm the following information as 100% true.
I was told the following last week by a few locals who seems to know what they are talking about.

1. Sis Pins and Singala were not "owned" by FlyGlobespan
2. Asking price for Sis Pins 7 million?
3. Barrhead Travel interested in taking them over.

As I say I can not confirm if this is true or not.

1. I thought they were owned by FlyGlobespan, but would be surprised if they were part of the airline side of the business, all your eggs in one basket?
2. 7 Million sounds way too cheap for this prime position! Split into apartments and sold off would make this a bargin not to be missed.
3. It would make sense for a Scottish company to buy them and the goodwill, but I can imagine bigger fish would be interested.

I just hope that a certain person in PP hasn't got his eyes on the Sis Pins

I went past a few times last week and the main door in Plyboard that usually covers the front arches was open. At this time of the year this is not unusal and normaly followed by the boards being remove and the place comming back to life.................................here's hoping it will open again as a hotel and that it will be very soon

Robjay
Old 24-02-2010, 09:16

I was of the opinion that Sis Pins and Singala were owned by Globespan Group, the parent of FlyGlobspan. Both are in administration but are separate companies with separate assets

I've just arranged a fridge for my room in the Miramar so maybe have a few G&Ts on the balcony and toast the "good old days" at Sis Pins
Old 24-02-2010, 12:51

Surely the powers that be would not allow the Sis Pins to be used for anything other than a hotel? Rob, If the "certain person" has his eyes on it then i suppose a "showbar" is not out of the question
Old 26-02-2010, 19:22

I also believe that the Sis Pins is owned by the Globespan group.

The person who told me said "the owners were looking at reopening the place and that barrhead travel had shown an interest.

Robjay
Old 26-02-2010, 21:41

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
Surely the powers that be would not allow the Sis Pins to be used for anything other than a hotel? Rob, If the "certain person" has his eyes on it then i suppose a "showbar" is not out of the question
Sis Pins was owned by Globespan, and would almost certainly not be allowed a change of use in that location(unless of course they bribed one of the relevant mallorcan politicians not in jail or on bail for corruption!)
Old 05-03-2010, 17:53

Default Sis Pins

I have been in touch with the administrators, PWC to ask if they had any updates. They replied that Sis Pins and Singala are nothing to do with them. Also the manager at Sis Pins was good enough to pass on our name to the Appts Flora as a possible alternative for a holiday in the port. Unfortunately we have been spoiled at the Sis Pins so like many people we are fervently hoping they will be open again for business in 2010.