Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 20:04

We were always under the impression that Sis Pins was a Globespan hotel, we're just waiting to hear when they'll be taking bookings again so we can book for our usual week in June, have already booked our August week at the Miramar just so we are guaranteed at least 1 week in PP this year.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2010, 22:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeebles View Post
Also the manager at Sis Pins was good enough to pass on our name to the Appts Flora as a possible alternative for a holiday in the port. Unfortunately we have been spoiled at the Sis Pins so like many people we are fervently hoping they will be open again for business in 2010.
appebles

I don't think Flora apts are the best alternative. There are other hotels nearer the Sis Pins such as Miramar or Maricell apts which are better in my opinion.

Adios

Dave
Old 06-03-2010, 10:06

We do know the port well -have stayed at several properties in the area incl Singala and the Mirimar-and like many others we will probably try for the Mirimar or the Daina if Sis Pins is not available this year.
Old 17-03-2010, 18:48

See on post on Tripadvisor PP forum yesterday that 'Sis Pins hotel has not been sold and won't be opening for business this year', what a waste, wouldn't you think with the experience of the previous management and staff the Receiver could have kept it as a going concern until it could be sold. I feel very sad for all the fantastic staff.
Old 17-03-2010, 20:43

There was somebody in the hotel yesterday,but could not see if it was workamn as door ajar but not wide open.
Old 18-03-2010, 12:35

From Trip Advisor Re Sis Pins
I rang this hotel again this morning, 16th March. The man said the hotel had not been sold, was closed, and would not be taking bookings or opening this summer. Not good news, I am afraid.
Old 18-03-2010, 15:16

The Globespan collapse is just beginning to sink in Really thought the Sis Pins would be open by the summer, it's such a important part of the frontage, i really hope they look after it until a buyer is found.
Old 18-03-2010, 20:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
The Globespan collapse is just beginning to sink in Really thought the Sis Pins would be open by the summer, it's such a important part of the frontage, i really hope they look after it until a buyer is found.
Especially when they started serving dinner on the 'sun bathing patio'right on the beach looked great. Hotel bahia did the same until their terrace got washed away in the storms
Old 19-03-2010, 00:07

Hi is that in the recent storms that Bahia have suffered damage? Hope not as it is one of our favourites and looking foreward to spending many evenings there in June. Cheers .Slipalong & Lola
Old 19-03-2010, 00:43

I think ray means the storms a few year ago when a hurricane caused a lot of damage along the sea front. It blew down a lot of trees including 5 of the 6 pine trees that The Sis Pins was named after, and also destroyed the terrace on the beach in front of the Bahia. Not sure if its true but we were told the terrace had been built without planning permission so once it was destroyed by the storm they couldn't re build it. Great shame as it was the perfect spot for a long lazy lunch or romantic dinner.
Old 19-03-2010, 10:38

Nice bit of history there debz!
Old 19-03-2010, 20:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
I think ray means the storms a few year ago when a hurricane caused a lot of damage along the sea front. It blew down a lot of trees including 5 of the 6 pine trees that The Sis Pins was named after, and also destroyed the terrace on the beach in front of the Bahia. Not sure if its true but we were told the terrace had been built without planning permission so once it was destroyed by the storm they couldn't re build it. Great shame as it was the perfect spot for a long lazy lunch or romantic dinner.
spot on Debz and correct about the illegal build
Old 23-03-2010, 23:43

Default bahia

Thanks for the info ,roll on 28th Mayo...........cheers ..Slipalong & Lola
Old 24-03-2010, 12:55

Default Sis Pins

It's a bit worrying when PWC say that the Sis Pins has nothing to do with them or the administration of The Globespan Group when www.sispins.com takes you to their administration website!

The Sis Pins was/is owned by The Globespan Group plc's 100% subsidiary Viajes Globespan SA which happens to have it's registered office at the Sis Pins, Anglada Camarasa, 77!

No doubt PWC will not be out of pocket for their knowledgable, efficient and expedient administration of the group and its remaining assets.
Old 02-04-2010, 20:29
Under Moderation

Cant believe La singala has gone. I have been there every October for the last 6 years and last year was told occupancy had been higher than hotels in rest of the port. Does anyone have suggestions for a small convenient hotel in Puerto Pollensa - somewhere off pine walk close to La Singala? I know its asking a lot. Will miss all the staff who worked there tremendously. Lyn