Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2010, 21:43

Default capri/daina hotel

Following the demise of Globespan we are looking for alternative accomodation in PP. (previously stayed regularly at La Singala)
We've been looking at the Daina and the Capri.
Does anyone know if all the seafacing rooms at these hotels have balconies?
Its pretty difficult to tell from companies like alpha rooms if this is the case.
For example rooms are advertised as seafacing double rooms but don't stipulate if they have a balcony.
Any help/ comments about these hotels would be appreciated.
Also does anyone know what is to happen with Sis Pins and La Singala ? We've been trying to get in touch with Josef the manager at La Singala without any success.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2010, 21:57

Hi Pam and Dave, we stayed in the Capri a few years back. They do have rooms facing the sea with a balcony - we booked ours with the Travel Club of Upminster. The rooms are clean but basic. No air con, just a fan. We slept with the balcony door open but it can get a bit noisy.

JJ
Old 11-01-2010, 13:42

I've stayed at the Daina several times and, to the best of my knowledge, all sea facing rooms do have balconies.

There are also side facing rooms, also with balconies but only partial sea views. Be aware that at certain time of year there is building work going on alongside and behind the Daina, which I'm not sure has finished yet.

Hope this helps.

Duncan
Old 11-01-2010, 18:49

Also be aware that the Daina do not always hold the room booked and paid for I only booked one night but booked and paid for side sea view but when we arrived we were given a 1st floor road room and told that is all we have. We were refunded the difference between the two rooms but I personally would never have booked the Daina if they had only road room on offer, even if only for 1 night.
Old 24-01-2010, 18:06

We had a side sea view room at the Daina, it was on a high floor and the views were spectacular. We really liked the Daina, only complaints were although our balcony was huge it was too hot in the afternoon/evening to sit out and there was a lack of shade at the area round the pool. The staff and the food were both excellent so if you can get a front room and take your own sunshade out you should get on fine.
Old 25-01-2010, 21:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disorderly View Post
I've stayed at the Daina several times and, to the best of my knowledge, all sea facing rooms do have balconies.

There are also side facing rooms, also with balconies but only partial sea views. Be aware that at certain time of year there is building work going on alongside and behind the Daina, which I'm not sure has finished yet.

Hope this helps.

Duncan
Building work still going on next door, but should be finished by May, both hotels are part of the HOPSA group, long established and with a good reputation in the Pollenca area.Enjoy
Old 26-01-2010, 04:40

Default capri/daina hotel

We used to stay at the Capri regularly when we first came to PP several years ago where it was featured in the Thompson Small & Friendly brochure, and that it is exactly what it was.

It does have sea view with balcony rooms, but only SIX, (two each on second, third and top (fourth) floors. These are the only rooms in the Hotel with sea views. There are a further six on the back of the Hotel that face the main Formentura road, (immediately opposite Tribecca's), which can be quite noisy. All other rooms are on the sides of the building with virtually no views. However, it was, and probably still is, one of the cheaper Hotels in which to stay at such a central location, and the staff were always very friendly. As some one else mentioned, I don't think it has Air Con yet, and it used to get very hot in the middle of the summer.

I'm also not sure if it's part of Hosposa any more, it closed two or three years ago, and I think, only opened again last summer. Some controversy was caused the last year or so before it closed over the concrete plinth/sun bathing area immediately in front of the Hotel, which, like the Sis Pins, Mirimar, Dania etc. was a private area with sunbeds for Hotel residents. This area was converted to a bar, open to the public, at first just in the evenings, so one was thrown off the sun beds at about sixish, and then, a year or two later, this was changed to all day, snacks and drinks, with a full restaurant service in the evening. I know a similar system exists in the Dania with the Orange Bar, but it was quite a culture shock to experience the same at the little ol' Capri, particuarly as there are so few rooms with a decent view etc, but most people were quite happy because they had this facility, and it was one of the best spots to sit and take in the view in the whole bay.

Still as I said, one of the cheaper options, and the location could not be better, right in front of the beach at the start of the Pine Walk, and the Square, town centre etc. literally two minutes away.