Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   Best place for Single Rooms (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/5506-best-place-single-rooms.html)

Feisar 08-01-2010 19:25

Best place for Single Rooms

Hi there, great forum.
I'm going back to PP for the third time and am ideally looking for something self-catering as close to the beach as possible. Failing that I would settle for hb with a sea view.

My main worry is that with hotels like the Uyal, any single room is dingy and tucked away without a view. I'm a bit of an arty type, very independent and get a lot of inspiration from chilling with a decent balcony/patio view. Uyal would be my preffered choice if I had to go the hotel route as its the exact location I'd like to stay.
I've read stories of cell like rooms without a window that fill me with dread.

It seems to me the whole SPS thing is a lottery. Is it realistic to expect something for a week for around £500? I can't afford £1000 for the pleasure of a great view via a twin-room so it leaves me with the potential for a ruined holiday.
Any advice??

eleanor 08-01-2010 20:04

Hi Feisar. I think the only advice is much the same as many of us have given to Gary in a similar post. That being to take a look at the apartments and villas to rent which are placed on this site. I'm afraid I have little experience of the hotels along the front but i'm sure someone may have a suggestion. You didn't mention when you plan to visit? I would certainly take a look as there are so many lovely apartments which offer wonderful views which may be suitable.
Good luck and have a great time.

sleepyboaby 09-01-2010 18:09

Hi Feiser
Your best bet is to try the Eolo which is situated at the roundabout across from the harbour.Carlos the hotel owner can be very accomondating and if you do what i did and send him an e mail asking for a sea view room he will reply to your request.

CathB 09-01-2010 19:13

have stayed in La Goleta - bed and breakfast ..wonderful views.You could also try Motors Formentor ..they have 1 bedroom appartments..they are on the side (.not sea view) but they have a small balcony from which you can see both the mountains and the sea. and are quite conveniently placed..

Disorderly 10-01-2010 18:55

Can I echo the recommendation for La Goleta. I have stayed there several times and it is very good value indeed. Have also stayed at Uyal and the views are nowhere near as good as from La Goleta, which is much cheaper and has the benefit of being right in the town.

Duncan

eleanor 10-01-2010 19:54

Ah yes I forgot about La Goleta. Our friends stayed there and were impressed with how friendly the staff were.

Feisar 10-01-2010 21:12

Many thanks for the responses guys, I'm looking to fly over sometime in May for a week. La Goleta looks a good bet albeit very central- there's more than I thought actually, the private ones featured on here are also well priced.

I felt myself getting dragged in to the new year rush to book somewhere and subsequently checking out the package route, but will spend some good time researching the best option, it'll be worth it in the end!