Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-04-2003, 19:17
GBEdinburgh

Default Gommar Apartments

I have booked accommodation in the Gommar Apartments in Puerto Pollensa and, after doing so, checked on the holidays uncovered website and saw a very negative review of these apartments. Does anyone have any experience of the Gommar Apartments?
Sponsored Links
Old 24-04-2003, 23:59
star81

Default Gommar

These apartments are older but my friends still own one and go regularly and as a child we stayed there every year. There are 2 pools one a small childs paddling pool and the other a swimming pool with both shallow and deep ends. The bar the people talk about in the holidays uncovered is not owned by the complex and as a child i remember discos and these all ended at a resonable hour - and this was in peak season !! I do not think the noise they talk about could really be as bad as described as these apartments are not in the town (a 10 - 15 min walk) so will not get passing trade from the town. It is more a residential area behind it and i cannot see these people putting up with noise like that. Although I have not stayed there for a few years now we went for lunch at the bar one day last year with friends and the complex did not seem at all noisy and you do not tend to get beer swilling people in Puerto Pollensa at the best of times - its too quiet for them!!

I think this may be just a one off bad experience, so go with an open mind. If not just enjoy the area and choose somewhere else to stay next time.

Enjoy !!
Old 25-04-2003, 16:36
GBEdinburgh

Thanks for your reply. I can now go on holiday not worrying about having 2 weeks sleep deprivation!
Old 24-06-2003, 05:05

GB,
I gather from your other post re hire cars that you are there at the end of jun - probably there as I write this!
Anyway, I'd be interested in your views on Gommar Aps as we have booked in there from the 5th July. The area seems well booked up this year, very few apartments avail when we were in the travel agents last weekend.
Hope you had a good time
Old 08-07-2003, 20:53
Bagload

Default Just Returned - My Comments

Hi

I have just returned from a two week stay at the Gommar Apartments, (I expect the previous poster has the same apartment, 100? We left on 5 July 2003.)

I too read that post that did not describe the apartments favourably. Interestingly I see it was removed as I had to view Google's cached copy. That post was not far from the truth, although for what we paid and the great time we had, the downsides have faded into insigificance.

We went with Globespan and interestingly the pictures in the brochure do not do the place justice. The photos are also considerably out of date and represent the resort at two different times. (Note in one picture the pool has a blue surround and in the other it does not.) I don't think the childrens pool is pictured, but is quite satisfactory and the large pool has steps leading into it which was good for our two children.

Basically the majority of the apartments are privately owned and the pool area is not part of the apartments. What this meant for us is that there was no need to dash down at 6 am to reserve sun loungers or anything like that. In fact a lot of the time we were the only people using the pool area. The pool area was mainly used by people who owned apartments or by locals who did not have pools. The only downside with this is that our children did not really have any other children to play with alot of the time, and they could not really make any "holiday friendships" as the clientele was always different. The pool belongs to the adjoning cafe/pub the Rosa Blanca and whilst serving everything a normal pool-side bar would, (to a good standard too), it was a little bit over priced. It had two PCs with Internet access that could be used for a fee.

As the brochure states the ground floor of one of the apartment blocks does not consist of apartments but a Shop, Tourist Information Office, The Rosa Blanca and another restaurant. The Rosa Blanca has kareoke on every night which is wound up religiously at midnight. The other restaurant does not make much noise, all of which seemed to stop at about 1 AM. That having been said, our two children, 2 and 3½ had no problems getting to sleep, nor did we.

The Apartments are situated on the main road between Pollensa and Puerto Pollensa and as such attacts a high amount of traffic which does add to the noise level. Accross the road is the Habitat Apartments which, whilst we were there, had a live music night once a week that was extremely loud and could be heard clearly from our apartment. (The kids did manage to sleep through this as well!)

One good thing about being on the outskirts is that the apartments are the first drop off when coming from the airport. This of course does have the downside that they are the first to be picked up, but as our flights were in the day, it was actually quite good to take one last look around the place.

Out the back of the apartments is a lovely bar/restaurant called The Hideaway. Whilst we were there, on Mondays they had very loud live singers too, but this subsided at about midnight.

To get to the main eating area/water front of P.P. is about a 10-15 minute walk down the main road. We did it everynight with two buggies, so it is achievable but is quite a trek in the heat. We took a taxi back which cost about £3.00. The largest selection of restaurants is in the Market Square.

The beach too is about a 10 minute walk in a slightly different direction, but is well worth it.

So, to sum up: We had a two week stay there in June/July and although it is quite noisy it is no more so than a lot of holidays I have been on. The apartments are at least 25 years old but the rooms themselves are in excellent condition and clean. We had two kids who both thoroughly enjoyed themselves as did we. As the pictures in the brochure do not represent the complex very here are some that we took:

The childrens' Pool - groups.msn.com/allthemorg...hotoID=615

The Pool Area - groups.msn.com/allthemorg...hotoID=620
Old 10-07-2003, 16:26
Bagload

Default More Pictures of the Bar Area

Whilst we were there we noticed that there was a little webcam filming the kareoke in the evenings at the Rosa Blanca. Well I have found out that they do actually broadcast this over the web.

The Rosa Blanca's Website can be found here -rosa.blanca.free.fr/

Pictures of the bar and pool area can be found here: rosa.blanca.free.fr/bar.htm