Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 15:19

Question Villaplus - Villa vora

Hola, first post so be gentle

We are heading here shortly with 3 kids under 5 in tow, anyone any idea how far from the main restaurant area this is? The kids should be in buggies but just wanted to get an idea before we travel out. Also is this villa one of the ones that torches should be used at night for???
I looked on google map/satellite but it seems out of date.

gracias
stewart family
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2009, 08:11

Hi there,
We haven't stayed in the Vora but have stayed several times in the villa next door so can tell you that the walk into town will take about 15minute at a fairly leisurely pace. The Vora is accessed by well established lanes but they are are unlit so a torch would be useful for avoiding pot holes with the buggy. Coincidentally we have also booked the Vora this year, so would be really interested to hear how you get on and what the villa is like. We don't go until September, wish it was sooner. Have a great holiday which I'm sure you will.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:55

Thanks Ali, we cannot wait to go and thanks for the info about walk time/torches. We will post our experiences when we get back.....hopefully all good but being PP it usually is : )
Old 27-04-2009, 10:42

Another one who's interested in Villa Vora for a June stay (2 kids age 4 and 1) - just wondered if you've been yet AStewart? How was it??

Would love to hear

Thanks
Old 27-04-2009, 11:09

We are heading over early May and will report back on our experiences.....all good I am sure
Old 27-04-2009, 11:41

Great thanks
Just wondering if the pool is heated? Do you think we'd need it in early June? Ditto the lack of air con?

It seems virtually impossible to find a gated pool with heating and a villa with aircon in a 'walking distance to beach and amenities' without paying £££££ for it!

Off to do more research and hope you all have a lovely trip.
Old 22-05-2009, 12:56

Smile

Well, we have now returned from PP. We stayed in Villa Vora for 1 night only....dont panic its not bad!
The day before we flew out Villaplus called to advise the Villa was having boiler problems so there maybe no hot water, on the Saturday morning before we flew out it was confirmed that the boiler would be out of action when we arrived. I asked that we stay the Saturday night in Vora as we had the directions and our party were travelling from Newcastle & Glasgow. Villaplus agreed and the helpful rep came to see us Sunday, she told us realistically boiler wouldnt be functional until end of the week so we could move. Not ideal but we got moved to Villa Eloisa which was ace, 6 bedrooms and large grounds. Only problem was no pool gate but we coped.
Had a great time and would use Villaplus again as they handled the problem with boiler very professionally with minimum fuss.

When we left we checked with the rep and boiler in Vora is now fixed and ready for occupation this weekend.
Old 23-05-2009, 09:10

Hi there,

Have been eagerly awaiting your return to hear about the Vora! I.m glad the problem with the boiler didn't spoil your holiday and that the replacement villa was so good. I know you only spent one night in the Vora and would have been preoccupied in getting your move sorted out but can you tell me what your impressions were of the villa, pool and grounds? any information would be gratefully received. Thanks.
Ali C
Old 26-05-2009, 16:12

Default Villa vora

Sorry Ali should have gave you more detail.

We stayed 1 night only but general impressions are as follows:

- Difficult to find in the dark when you first arrive but you have stayed in Villa costa so should be familiar with the winding road. Luckily I google mapped before we went so found the villa ok but other half of our party had to get shown the route from the Supermarket
- Gardens well layed out and safe for kids....just make sure swimming pool hatch behind the hedge is closed securely.
- Kitchen has plenty of utensils, huge fridge
- Dinning room, same level as kitchen and off front door not sure you would use it much as outdoor table is so much nicer/brighter
- 4/5 stairs up takes you to the living room, well equipped with sky,ps2 etc but slightly smaller than expected
- Master bedroom off the hall from the living room, lovely room and goes out onto the terrace....again 4/5 stairs.
- Twin bedrooms are actually down some steep stairs which I was surprised about, my 4 yr old negotiated them fine. Rooms are big enough and both have ensuite and doors leading out onto garden so no need to cut through the house all the time.
- Pool looked good with plenty loungers and two gates to keep kiddies safe.

Overall
The main photo gives the impression of an open plan bungalow on one level but in reality there are a few stairs to negotiate but with the stair gates we would have managed fine.

Any other questions let me know and I will answer from my 1 day stay point of view.
Old 26-05-2009, 18:14

Thanks vey much for this I really appreciate the information. Sorry for being a nuisance but I do have a couple of other questions. The villa we stayed in previously was the Ignacio which is the next one along the lane. I'm now confused about the Costa & the Vora. We thought the Vora was the villa we could see from the lane but are now wondering if there are two villas with a shared driveway. Is this the case and, if so, which one is at the front i.e. facing the lane? Again, if this is correct, do the villas ovelook each other in any way? Thanks again for your help.
Ali C
Old 27-05-2009, 13:02

Yes, you got it Costa and Vora share the same driveway. Costa is the first one you come to and Vora is behind it. Remember the key box is at the entrance to the driveway for both Villas. I had to run back down the driveway
in the dark.
The villas are far enough apart with gardens etc so you wont be looking at your neighbours in the Costa.

Have a great time when it comes around
Alan
Old 27-05-2009, 14:16

Thanks Alan,

That's really helpful. Roll on September!

Ali C
Old 04-11-2009, 21:24

Question villa eloisa

Hello,

I have just booked villa eloisa for a family holiday in sept 2010. I was just wondering if you could give me a run down on the villa. Is it far to the port and beach??

Regards.

Last edited by JH02JLH; 05-11-2009 at 09:54. Reason: Removed quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:16

Do you have any more info on its whereabouts - what district is it in?
Old 06-11-2009, 11:17

Actually I have a feeling this villa is in the Siller district - if I am right this is more of a 'local's' neighbourhood than a specifically 'touristy' area - it's on the outskirts of the Port but there are quite a few small shops of various types together with cafes and restaurants nearby. It's very peaceful with lovely views towards the mountains. It's probably about a mile, maybe a bit more, from the beach and about a mile to the centre of the Port. I assume you are hiring a car - personally I would drive to the beach. There is always plenty of free parking down the back streets.