Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   cots at the Flora appts? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/534-cots-flora-appts.html)

lizzylee 06-02-2003 20:34

cots at the Flora appts?

I wonder if anyone could tell me about the cot/bed situation at the Flora appts. We are hoping to stay there in September with our 3 year old daughter. We thought a cot would be the safest option, does anyone know if they have full size cots or travel cots? And would it fit in the bedroom?
Also, how long is the transfer time to this area? I have read anything between 1hr to 1hr 45mins.
Many thanks:D

pollensa 03-06-2003 00:02

Transfer to Pto Pollensa shouldn't take longer than an hour - it's only about 70 km but will depend on how many drop-offs there are before you.

Re the Cots, you may find it easier to contact them directly - see www.flora-pollensa.com

lizzylee 03-06-2003 17:06

Thanks for that. I've had a look at the Flora website, but can't seem to get any info on the type of cots/beds. I was hoping someone might have stayed there with a young child who could give me some first hand information. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly:D
Having said all this, we haven't booked yet - so let's hope they have space for us! If not, i'll be back on looking for another appartment:rolleyes

pollensa 03-06-2003 18:59

If the cot info is important to you, I would suggest you phone them. They will speak English.

rachatkin 09-06-2003 05:43

try the las velas apartments Thomas Cook. Have just retirned with family including 3 year old. Cots were available but we usually just put a mattress on the floor and make up as camp bed style. Lovely apartments two pools between 28 apartments. 1 & 2 bedrooms.The childrens pool was ideal as it is shallow enough to paddle in. Quiet location, but near to beach and a 15 minute walk with buggy to pine walk.Nice family restaurants within 5 mins walk.

lizzylee 11-06-2003 00:24

Las Velas

Thanks for that, i've not looked at those.
Is it a slow 15 walk? as my 3 year old won't sit in the buggy:rolleyes
Also, do the appts have a tv and is there any entertainment there?

rachatkin 11-06-2003 05:56

Re: Las Velas

it is a good 15 mins(at child pace) to the start of the pine walk,and then it is pedestrianised. Perfect for wayward toddlers!!! There is no entertainment at the apartments themselves but they are 5 mins walk away from The Pollensa Park hotel which has a nightly kids mini disco at 8.30 and a variety of shows,Pony riding and kids clubs.The apartments are part of the same company so you can utilise all of their facilities and leave to go back to a large, peaceful and air- conditioned space. Ask to be in the new block if you are going to book. We found loads of places to eat near the apartmentswhen we didn`t fancy the longer walk. (which is actually alog the beach so passes quite quickly.Hope this has answered any queries. feel free to ask away if not.

pollensa 11-06-2003 21:54

Re: Las Velas

Here's their website which may be useful: www.puerto-pollensa.com/pollensahoteles/apto_lasvelas_ing.htm

yelsel 03-08-2003 06:03

Flora Apartments - Cots

Have stayed in Flora for many years. First time was with parents, husband 4 year old and small baby in 2 apartments. The Flora have cots which fits into the room They move the locker from between the two beds and push them together. It is quite tight but we now have 5 children and have gone from filling 2 apartments to needing 3 last year!. The staff are very accomodating and do speak English well if you need to call them. You should have no problem with the cots at all, I never did and safety standards have improved over the years. Have a great time, Pollensa is very suitable and I think the Flora is too.

lizzylee 04-08-2003 14:48

flora cots

Thanks for that, i'm going to try and book it today, any tips on who to book with?

pollensa 04-08-2003 15:53

Re: flora cots

If you want to DIY & book flights & hotel separately (often cheaper) you can book via Opodo - or direct with the Flora itself - look at the Hotels page www.puertopollensa.com/Accomodation.html page down or put 'Flora' in the Find box & you'll find an entry for the Flora & links for booking it. There's also a link to Lunn Poly who offer it.

lizzylee 06-08-2003 17:17

Hurrah!! I have finally booked and will be at the Flora appts on the 15th Sept for 1 week. Thank you to all who replied.
Trying not to be pessemistic now, but..... is there a good hospital on the island? Our daughter ended up in hospital in Menorca a couple of years ago and it wasn't very pleasant - so i just want to be prepared this time, hopefully we won't need one, but just incase.
Can't wait to get there8)

lizzylee 08-08-2003 17:35

Only me again!
Yelsel, my little girl is 3 and first choice say too old for a cot, so would she have to sleep on one of the sofa beds in the lounge? or would the mattress bit fit in the bedroom do you think? We don't particularly want her in a room on her own as she is just out of a cot at home and might go a wandering in the night:eek
I'm sure it will be all sorted when we get there, but we won't be there until 11pm so well after her bedtime and don't want to be running around at that time.
I'm going to email the Flora for info, but thought you might have first hand experience. Many thanks.

yelsel 09-08-2003 05:23

Flora Apartments - Cots

I would think that the top of the sofa would be a bit of a squash in the bedroom as its not enormous. I should think that for the first night perhaps you could put her in the bedroom and one of you could sleep in the living room just until she is settled. I'm sure that when bedtime comes after a day at the pool and a later evening than usual she will be happy to sleep just about anywhere. The cushions at the back of the sofa are huge wedges of foam and we used to put them on the floor when the children were younger to make sure that if they turned the 'wrong' way they'd have a soft landing. Don't be concerned I'm sure she'll adjust quickly and you'll have a great time.

lizzylee 17-08-2003 18:21

Re: Flora Apartments - Cots

I have phoned the Flora and they are going to sqeeze another bed in the room. To be honest, it's purely selfish reasons that we want our daughter in the bedroom - it's so that we can have a drink on the balcony when she has gone to bed:lol
She has never been one to sleep anywhere but her bed, even in Menorca, we didn't let her sleep all day in the hope that she would fall asleep in the pram when we went out for a meal - no chance! So our only bit of peace is when she is tucked up and we can be grown-ups for a couple of hours with a bottle of wine on the balcony! Thanks for all your advice:D