Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   Panorma Golden Beach hotel and apts (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/529-panorma-golden-beach-hotel-apts.html)

BEVLEO 14-08-2003 04:43

Panorma Golden Beach hotel and apts

We are thinking about booking for this hotel next summer so we would be grateful if anyone has any info on this. thanks8)

smiddy 15-08-2003 02:08

panorama beach aka fawlty towers

okay it was 15 years ago, but not a very pleasant experience, needless to say we never went back

BEVLEO 16-08-2003 03:46

Re: panorama beach aka fawlty towers

has anyone else stayed here more recently

Pollensa Fan 18-08-2003 15:12

Panorama Golden Beach

Hi BEVLEO

It may have been 15 years since Smiddy stayed there but, having stayed there a bit more recently - approximately 5 years ago (unfortunately), I have to agree.

Our first impression of the interior was that the décor had been chosen to create a dimly lit, romantic atmosphere. Unfortunately, closer inspection revealed that the place had just gone brown with age.

You don’t mention if you are aware of its location. If not, please don’t be misled by the name. The only panorama you’ll get these days is one of the Pollensa Park Hotel across the road. And, if you are unfortunately enough to be given a ground floor room by the pool, as we were, you have to keep the shutters closed otherwise you are overlooked by everyone around the pool.

The only highlight of our stay was the hotel Manager, and to appreciate this you would have to be familiar with Peter Butterworth’s role in the film ‘Carry on Abroad’. No matter where you went in the hotel e.g. restaurant, bar, reception, he was there to tend to your every need – priceless!

Still perhaps Carol Smillie has been in since with her makeover team – but she’d have needed more than a weekend!

BEVLEO 19-08-2003 01:23

Re: Panorama Golden Beach

It doesnt sound very nice i think we will be looking for somewhere else to stay can you recommend anywhere with a good location either apts or hotels.

smiddy 19-08-2003 04:07

Panorama Beach Apartments

Hello Bevleo

I think you have made the right decision, as for recommending Hotels or Apts basically once you've dropped the Panorama you can take your pick. On a similar budget there's the Flora Apts,Villa Concha,Ora Playa Etc. the Puerto Azul is very nice but a bit more pricey! Just drop a posting and we will give any advice we can.

Someday must write a book about our experiances at the Panorama-it would be a guaranteed best seller!;)

davla 01-09-2003 17:44

panorama golden beach

Well we are going to this hotel in a few days time and will give a full report on return.
Must say I am feeling a bit apprehensive now after reading some reports but do not intend to spend much time in hotel so hopefully all wil not be lost.:rolleyes

smiddy 02-09-2003 21:22

Panorama Beach Hotel

Davla,

Sorry if we have alarmed you, i forgot about the other side of the fence. As i said it was 15 years ago though the other posting was 5.
You never Know it may have changed although it would have required someone to take over the hotel since then.

As you say you do not intend to spend to much time there, this is the way we tackled it!

There are plenty of plus points it is a lovely resort and you really do not need to spend too much time in any hotel. the beach is only 100 yards down the road and the big Thomsons hotel (Pollensa Park) is just across the road, with all the relevent entertainment etc, we tended to spend our nights over there. We still had a superb time when we were there!

Go on have a great time!