Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 19:23
Under Moderation

Thumbs up Lovely singala

Just back from yet another stay at the wonderful two star hotel - La Singala. Apparently it only has two stars due to the fact it has no lift. It has two floors which I suppose could be a problem for some less able people. However other than that this is a wonderful little hotel. Especially if you are Scottish!! Its like Edinburgh/Glasgow by the sea...........but in a nice way. Joseph the manager is so likeable - he has great knowledge - he can also speak brilliant English. Manuel, the barman everyone loves. He is so shy and retiring but very pleasant and always polite, as are the girls who do the breakfast in the morning. The rooms are very pleasant and always beautifully cleaned every day = only gripe is the pillows are a bit hard and the mattresses a bit uncomfy. They probably need replaced.

We have stayed here many times and most of the guests have done so also. Its a bit of a home from home.

I cant forget its proximity to the Pine Walk also - only a minutes walk and you are looking at a beautiful view of the bay. It has the advantage of being quiet and off the beaten track but so close to everything you need. All in all its a great little find in Puerto Pollensa.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2009, 00:39
Super Moderator

Welcome Lel, so glad you had a good hol. Sometimes the less prominant hotels are better, they have a certain charm, don't they.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:11

We've never stayed at the Singala but walked past many times - and it certainly does look like a little oasis of calm, with people sitting outside having breakfast, drinks, etc (depending on time of day!!).

The other plus must be, I think, that it does have a swimming pool, reserved strictly for residents. I know that because we were staying in an apartment just along the road and popped in to ask if we would be allowed to use the pool, following the demise of the Bonanca Bar and pool.
Old 06-09-2009, 13:26

Hi Lel and welcome!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Now the world will know about the little oasis!

Have stayed in the front rooms with the balcony and also at the rear , without balcony.

Yep! And all these Scottish voices ha ha!

Josef is very helpful and Manuel always so pleasant and the perfect gentleman.

Only prob is if you've done a lot of walking in the day, it's a hike again in the evening to go out and eat, but hey, there's always taxis, and a meander home along the Pine Walk on a lovely still evening, and a night cap from Manuel to finish off!
Old 08-09-2009, 23:33

I liked the look of this hotel when we were staying with family in an apartment on the Pine Walk.

I could only find it on the Globespan website until last week when I saw it on Pollensa Holidays website. I phoned customer service who said they are not taking bookings yet for 2010. However, from what I have read on another thread today, Pollesa Holidays do not sound very reliable.

Does anyone know of any other website it can be booked on or have any other info on Pollensa Holidays?
Old 09-09-2009, 12:46

Porto - please don't tell me you would get a taxi from there into the centre of the port

You should try staying in Gommar!!

GG
Old 09-09-2009, 18:40

No GG, not in normal circumstances!

One time, early October, it was a public holiday and the heavens had opened all morning, we took a taxi to get in to the centre of PP to have a long ,lingering (and liquid included) lunch. That was the exception!

And after our lunch?

What a lovely warm sunny day it turned out to be!

Did stay one time just off Avenida Llenaire and tbh, never took a taxi either way!
Old 16-09-2009, 17:10

Unhappy

We stayed in the Bellresguard apartments in 2008 + 2009 and often stopped off at the Singala for a nightcap. We met some really nice people on the terrace/in the lounge (mostly Scottish). Manuel the Barman was great, if unassuming. In 2008 our son (7) decided to push his sister (12) into the pool one night whilst we were chatting on the terrace. Fortunately we were not banned ! but I think Manuel thought he would not get a borrowed hotel towel back ! The lounge/bar was spotless with very efficient air-conditioning. We will not be back in 2010 ( Going to Disney) but will certainly miss drinks at the Singala.
Old 17-09-2009, 09:43

Have stayed here many time and just love the place, i think what makes this a great hotel is the staff. They are all commited to customer care, its so clean & tidy. To Josef and his team keep up the good work.
Old 21-10-2009, 11:51

Due to an inconvenient flight time change by Flyglobespan, we changed our flight and added an extra night on to our 2 week apartment holiday.

We decided to spend it at the Singala as we could get picked up by the coach from there to the airport and it was cheaper than staying at the Sis Pins. It is the first time we have stayed at the Singala and we were very impressed by the hotel and the staff. We did find the bed rather hard but maybe another room would have been more comfortable.

We would certainly consider going back, especially for a short break.