Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   Has anyone stayed at Pollentia Hotel or Uyal Hotel recently? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/5075-has-anyone-stayed-pollentia-hotel-uyal-hotel-recently.html)

ragdollabbi 08-08-2009 22:53

Has anyone stayed at Pollentia Hotel or Uyal Hotel recently?

Hi

Has anyone stayed at Pollentia Hotel or Uyal Hotel recently. We are thinking of staying in one of them for a few nights in October, but have read mixed reviews so not sure which one to choose. Thanks for your help

bishopscourt 09-08-2009 01:36

Hi

I stayed with my wife and two teenage daughters at Hotel Pollentia during the last two weeks in July. The staff were very professional and considerate, the hotel was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast and dinner was on a buffet basis and of a high quality. Snacks could be bought for lunch from the bar. Entertainment was variable.

We all enjoyed it so much we are talking about going to Hotel Pollentia next year.

ryansclan 11-08-2009 18:20

We stayed at the Uyal last year and really enjoyed the week. Quaintly old fashioned elegant Spanish style would best describe it but staff were very friendly and the rooms that have a sea view are brilliant. Some are larger than others. Rooms have english TV if you need that sort of thing.
There is a really nice pool protected from the breeze and road noise. They also have a tennis court at the back for guest use.

mumof2 21-08-2009 18:56

Hotel Uyal

Hi there,

We are just back from our 2 week break at the Uyal. This is our 3rd time at this hotel and cannot fault it at all. Food, location, staff, cleanliness, pool everything is spot on. We always book a suite as the rooms are bigger and have a fridge in them. When looking at the hotel in brochures the suites are all the rooms at the front of the hotel in the main building. The Pollentia is lovely too but does not have a pool however guests are allowed to use the pool at the Uyal.

deniseall 24-08-2009 10:50

We stayed in the Pollentia hotel for 4 days the last week of October last year and are going back the same week this year. It's very quaint and as mentioned earlier doesn't have it pool, but it's not hot enough in October. Staff were helpful. It was quiet when we went there and they were closing at the end of the week for the winter. It's an excellent location with a nice walk into the centre.

ragdollabbi 24-08-2009 19:48

Thanks everyone, the only thing is now I can't make up my mind which one to choose. HELP!!!!!

Lel 05-09-2009 19:14

Make sure you choose one of the rooms to the front. Our friends had a room to the back and it was pitifully small and dingy. The hotel is nice but old fashioned. Many of the clientele are elderly.