Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 16:30

Default Sa Trencadora Villa

I know I have asked this before but just in case anybody missed here goes again..... I am traveling to Puerto Pollensa in September and have booked Sa Trencadora Villa via James Villas. I know at least one other member (pollensacrazy) have stayed here and I am very keen to know more about it and more importantly where on Calle Formentor it is. On another note I am a keen fisherman and would like any advise as where the best place to fish for bass is or am I best off just concentrating on fishing for grey mullet?

Please help!!
Sponsored Links
Old 21-08-2009, 16:31

I haven't stayed here but the location is very good. It's about 100metres from the Hotel Oro Playa and Bar Coral (see the location maps to the left). Bear in mind that you need a licence to fish...
Old 23-08-2009, 21:37

Default Sa Trencadora

Thanks Quelys. I have read up on obtaining a fishing licence.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:36

Default Sa Trencadora

Having now returned from PP after a week (12th sept - 19th sept) of not great weather I thought I should now post a quick review of Sa Trencadora villa.

My first impression was of slight disappointment, but I put that down to the gloomy weather we arrived in. We were dropped off by resort hoppa with no issues outside the Ora Playa as this seemed to be the closest large hotel its not the prettiest part of town but the location for the beach and restaurants is excellent. The villa is straight across the road from the Rustic Cafe which we didnt get to visit but it seem as if its very much a locals bar without any loud music to upset anyone. (we did notice people popping out of the bar to a car and powdering their nose!! and then going back in the bar) but again no trouble.

Inside the villa is well equipped, clean and comfortable apart from the heat which is soon put right if you phone the rep who sends the owner around to turn the air con on, for this service you are required to pay another 70 euros per week perhaps that’s why they call it air CON!!.

The outside space is very tight and there was not enough space for 6 adults to sun bath or even enough usable sun beds. The pool was as described and was well used despite the weather.

In conclusion I would have to say that the villa offers excellent sized and comfortable internal accommodation in a convenient location but for those seeking a quiet secluded pool holiday you would be better off looking further out of town.
Old 02-10-2009, 17:21

As a villa owner I would just like to say that air con is very expensive to run especially in a large villa where air con can be in every room. What we have found is that often the air con is on all day and night even when renters leave the villa. The outcome of this is REALLY high bills. I do not believe by asking you to pay 70 Euros is conning you.
Old 02-10-2009, 21:07

Yup, as a villa owner also I can confirm that this is correct. The cost of running air conditioning is horrific - also pool heating, which is another 'extra' much complained about by guests - believe me, villa owners are not making a profit on these charges! To be honest we fitted air conditioning in all rooms and also installed pool heating because guests staying in the villa bemoaned the lack of these facilities - they cost an arm and a leg to install and frankly we wouldn't have done it had it just been ourselves staying there because they are so expensive to run. There is no way that we can not charge for aircon/pool heating - or run them at a loss to ourselves - it just isn't viable. I hate to whinge because I know how lucky we are to have a villa at all but running costs go up every year - not just the cost of the managing agents, servicing the villa/pool/garden etc, but also guests (and rightly so) are demanding higher and higher standards. Most years we just about break even...
Old 02-10-2009, 21:13

As someone who has rented villas for many years in PP I fully support those of you villa owners. I would not dream of leaving air con switched on when we are not in residence, and simply use it to ensure a good nights sleep.

I remember many years of discomfort before air con became more common.

I'm afraid there will always be folk who take the mickey.....shame!

Duncan
Old 03-10-2009, 10:43

Don't start me up on the costs of running a villa/apartment in PP - my doctor has told me to avoid stress

GG
Old 03-10-2009, 17:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disorderly View Post
As someone who has rented villas for many years in PP I fully support those of you villa owners. I would not dream of leaving air con switched on when we are not in residence, and simply use it to ensure a good nights sleep.

I remember many years of discomfort before air con became more common.

I'm afraid there will always be folk who take the mickey.....shame!

Duncan
I couldn't agree more, Duncan. We used the air con at night in the bedrooms (althought not set at a very low temperature) and in the sitting room only during the day when we were in the apartment - but we never left it on when we went out.
Old 01-09-2010, 16:55
Under Moderation

Thumbs down directions

Hi,
Seems as if you had a good holiday. I'd really appreciate if you could tell me exactly how to get to the villa from the Ora Playa. Also arriving very late how do they arrange for key collection. Appreciate a reply.
griff
:confu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunta View Post
Having now returned from PP after a week (12th sept - 19th sept) of not great weather I thought I should now post a quick review of Sa Trencadora villa.

My first impression was of slight disappointment, but I put that down to the gloomy weather we arrived in. We were dropped off by resort hoppa with no issues outside the Ora Playa as this seemed to be the closest large hotel its not the prettiest part of town but the location for the beach and restaurants is excellent. The villa is straight across the road from the Rustic Cafe which we didnt get to visit but it seem as if its very much a locals bar without any loud music to upset anyone. (we did notice people popping out of the bar to a car and powdering their nose!! and then going back in the bar) but again no trouble.

Inside the villa is well equipped, clean and comfortable apart from the heat which is soon put right if you phone the rep who sends the owner around to turn the air con on, for this service you are required to pay another 70 euros per week perhaps that’s why they call it air CON!!.

The outside space is very tight and there was not enough space for 6 adults to sun bath or even enough usable sun beds. The pool was as described and was well used despite the weather.

In conclusion I would have to say that the villa offers excellent sized and comfortable internal accommodation in a convenient location but for those seeking a quiet secluded pool holiday you would be better off looking further out of town.