Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 20:50

Default Thinking of staying at the eolo, just me and my 22month old

i'm thinking of going for the eolo,it will be just me and my daughter, but i'm a bit scared by some of the trip advisor reviews.
esp the ones that said the rooms have no windows and are like cupboards

so wondered if any one has any advice.

i've seen somewhere that it has sat tv, does anyone know which channel you can watch?
is it worth paying extra for the breakfast?

all we really need is a bed and a cot for my daughter for the night.
although a fridge and seaview would be lovely.

any advice would really be appriecated.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2009, 21:16

Default Cheap

Hi lovely. Dont know how cheap you are looking for but Marina appartments up by the Hotel Daina are not bad. One bed but large apppartment with all the bits, e70 per night with balcony and sea view. We have seen them and are booking for a month 2010 with 20% discount. Pep is the manager on info@apartamentsmarina.es very helpful guy.Web is Alquiler de Apartamentos Marina en Puerto de Pollensa. Good hunting Slipalong.
Old 07-07-2009, 21:26

Also have a look at Montelin appartments. We booked 3 nights via alpharooms (link on this site) during Whit 1/2 term week, £87, absolute bargain.

One big room, on-suite facilities, kitchen. Very clean and simple. Just behind in Villa Concha which is part of the same group where they have child friendly facilties. Beach is 400mtres.

With a toddler a ground floor room would probably be best.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:54

We had friends stay at Eolo last year - their comment .... handy/good position but rooms on the front (with 'the' view) can be very noisy at/through the night due to the late night activities and rooms at the rear of the hotel are cramped/have rubbish view. Don't know how costs compare now but I'd have a look at La Goleta although I would have thought self catering via one of the apartments on this website may give you the best value. I suppose it really depends if you are making your own travel/flight arrangements as taxi/hire car costs are an expensive add on wheras you may be able to get a reasonable 'package' deal to somewhere like Hotel Romantic.

Last edited by Sun Properties; 08-07-2009 at 06:55. Reason: Spelling!
Old 08-07-2009, 11:03

thanks very much for the advice.
i do really appriecate your time.

i have emailed the eolo with my questions, i will post their reply for anyone interested

reaally i would be more than happy to stay at any of these places tbh.
all we really want to do is spend all day on the beach, with a lunchtime break, then a cheap takeaway or pizza or something at night.

i've found us a good flight going on the 6th returning on the 11th i know it is not long, but better than nothing.

thanks so much for your help
Old 08-07-2009, 13:08

LSB,

My friend mans the reception during the day/evening her name is Susan, a Scottish lady who has lived there for many years. Feel free to give her a call and address any concerns you may have. Tell her Brian and Moira gave you her name.
Old 08-07-2009, 13:14

If I may reinforce Sun Property's comment, I've stayed at La Goleta many times and it's remarkably cheap, certainly well within you budget and I'd highly recommend it.
Old 08-07-2009, 20:57

We have stayed at Eolo for many years on a B&B basis, the rooms are very clean with maid service daily, usually we have a room with terrace, if you ask Susan for a room on the upper floor you do not hear the passing traffic, human or otherwise. They also have a decent pizza/ meal facility to eat in or take away. We are treated with utmost respect from all the staff and Carlos is only too happy to help with any worries.
Old 08-07-2009, 21:42

Having stayed at the Eolo I would say there are certainly better places to stay for the money and it wouldn't be my choice.Pokey rooms and very noisey.
Old 08-07-2009, 23:34

We once got a takeaway pizza from here to feed a hungry lad who didn't like bbq's. When we got the box home and opened it the pizza inside was the size of a beer mat

GG
Old 16-07-2009, 21:55

Unhappy

yes i know what you mean and it cost ten euros
Old 17-07-2009, 00:08

Smile

Hiya
never had a carryout but the Pizza Carbonara(spl ?) is to die for... and dont think it was close to 10euros... is that a delivey price? (and one of my husband's fav places for steak)

Miriam
Old 17-07-2009, 00:48
Super Moderator

Try Iguana,............fantastic.
Old 23-07-2009, 07:30

Now being somewhat of a pizza expert , i think i am qualified to say that the pizzas from Eolo are very ordinary, in fact theyre not that good. Try Centric instead . Havnt stayed in Eolo tho
Old 23-07-2009, 11:18

I think we need a Pizza thread - I will go and start one now.

GG