Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   Aparthotel Duva (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/4897-aparthotel-duva.html)

mcrterry 05-07-2009 15:11

Aparthotel Duva

Hi
We are returning to PP this Aug and we havent been since 2004, I am considering Duva(?) as it has a gym for me and SPA for Mrs Mcr but I am wondering if it has much to offer our 8 yr old daughter. Does anyone has any experience of staying here? I have seen varying comments on alpharooms and trip advisor but would really welcome the opinion of the guys on here
Thanks

Sparky 05-07-2009 15:41

Welcome to the forum Mcrterry, if you go to search and type in Duva i am sure there will be reviews from members. Have never stayed there myself so cannot comment. Hope this helps :)

mcrterry 06-07-2009 20:35

Thanks for that. We have finally gone for Oro Playa (again). Read several reviews on most places now so plumped for Oro based on location and child friendliness. Can't wait!

jiggggy 07-07-2009 00:24

Mcrterry, welcome to the forum 1st. My in-laws stayed at the Oro Playa last year, and they said it was brill. Have a good holiday!

Deb126 07-07-2009 11:59

Hi

I stayed at the Duva last year with my hubby and 6 yr old son. Firstly there were limitations in the times you could use the gym - it acts as a private gym for locals and they therefore only allow holidaymakers for specific time periods. As far as your daughter is concerned there was a kids club run for an hour and a half most mornings in an air-conditioned play hut in the grounds - this is shared with the Habitat Apts next door. My son loved it. They also did some activities on the afternoon but this was very limited. We didn't stay around in the evenings but I think there was the usual kids disco followed by the evenings entertainment programme (went once, it was OK but not our sort of thing to do every night). The pool at the Duva is deep so she will need to be a confident swimmer - no gradual walk in from a shallow end. We enjoyed our stay - wouldn't recommend eating there - we didn't but others said it wasn't great. It is a 15 min walk down to the town, some of it by the main busy road into the resort. We never found it a problem although some people have moaned about it on the reviews. Generally the staff were friendly - we did have the usual issue with management getting up in arms about people bagging sun beds at one point. We aren't staying there this year but have deicded to stay closer to the beach (again it is a hike to the beach from the Duva).

Deb

Gommar Goffer 07-07-2009 16:06

There is a bar with a fairly child friendly pool across the road - the White Rose also does food and also a good basic restaurant which we think is very good value - Aries.

With regard to the catering at Duva I beleive that one of the owners of Little Italy has taken on the catering there this year ( it could be Habitat - not sure - someone else will put me straight) - his parents own 'sis pins'

mcrterry 07-07-2009 19:16

Well thanks for the extra reviews Deb and Gommar you have both convinced me I have made the right choice in Oro Playa. I think the gym was only a goer knowing how much food I will eat in all the great places available but I guess I can jog along the pine walk several times!