Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-06-2009, 12:21

Default Villas vs Package Holiday

CD,

You are correct, there are plenty of villas and apts with private pools all around, but the bottom line is a lot of people want the facilities these places offer, but are not prepared to pay for it!
Sponsored Links
Old 30-06-2009, 21:44

Hi Smiddy

Your post got me wondering just how much difference there is between a package and a villa / apartment and from the quick look I have just had I am even more confused re why people would want a crowded hotel type complex

Flora - £700 a room for a week in August ........ family of 4 = 2 rooms ......... you can get plenty of nice 2 bed apartments with pools on this website for less than £1400

Thompson package to Playa Mar .......... 1 bed apartment plus flights for 4 = £2500 in August ( and this is with the whole family crammed into a 1 bedroom apartment - - why would you do that on holiday when you don't do it at home ? )

Even on the outside assumption that you pay £250 each for your flights that leaves you £1500 for a nice 2 bed villa or apartment for the week ......... plenty of them around

Yes I do realise that people want kids entertainment ( though I don't really understand that either - we always found the beach and its infinate opportunities for play and discovery coupled with a pool that you actually had room to swim in to be the only entertainment necessary ) , but from the posts on here I don't think it is people with young kids that are posting - you just don't tend to lie around the pool all day when you have young kids.

So can someone enlighten me - what is the attraction of the "holiday complex" over the smaller apartment block or villa (By the way I do understand why people don't want to be isolated in a villa that means they need to drive everywhere ....... I am talking about a place within walking distance of beach and port - and I also understand the desire to stay in a nice luxury hotel ....... but I am not talking about that type of comparison)

There must be an advantage coz many people stay in them and it clearly isn't just money

Pollensa - if this is too far off thread please move it .......
Old 01-07-2009, 11:22

Default Sunbeds

I think a lot of people have yet to realise that booking your own can get villas for the same price, maybe they cannot be bothered and just want someone to arrange everything for them. It's their choice, obviously. Some families like the complexes so their kids make friends etc, but they're just as likely to meet friends on the beach. I've done the complexes over the years with young kids and my only gripe (apart from the sun-lounger thiefs) is that you could virtualy be anywhere. Some people don't like beaches, fair do's, but to get the full benefit from PP, you really should head for the lovely beaches, most days.

PS: As i said people make their own choices, but not always the right ones, apparently 1.9 million people leave the UK with the WRONG currency, i've also been speaking to 2 friends i know from PP who work in reception, one from the Flora the other from the Elo, both have had people arrive in Palma, instead of their original intended destination Las Palmas
Old 01-07-2009, 14:47
Founder

This post was originally asking how busy it is in August & then moved on to Sunbeds... and then onto Villas vs Package Holidays which I've now moved to a new thread http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...e-holiday.html

I think we've now exhausted the 'busy in August' topic - time to move on guys!
Closed Thread