Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   Hotel in Palma for one night.... (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/4784-hotel-palma-one-night.html)

Mark1875 14-06-2009 17:39

Hotel in Palma for one night....

As I have mentioned previously, my parents are coming to PP with us this year. My father has been very ill and is on the long road to recovery. We have to be out of our apartment by 10am the day we leave but don't fly until midnight. My parents would like to stay over night in a nice hotel in Palma and extend the room stay until we fly out a smy old man gets very tired, does anyone have any suggestions based on experience?

Sparky 14-06-2009 18:50

Hi Mark, hubby and i spent a night at the "Hotel Saratoga" last October. It isn't cheap but we loved it, i booked it on-line Hotel Saratoga, Palma de Majorca Hotel, Palma de Majorca luxury hotel, hotels palma de majorca, city centre Palma Majorca hotels - hotelsaratoga@hotelsaratoga.es
Hope this helps.:)

Mark1875 15-06-2009 13:55

Thanks Sparky, its very nice but a tad on the expensive side.

sandy 15-06-2009 15:43

We've stayed at the Dalt Morada in the old town, although its not particularly accessible by car, as the road its on is really tiny. A beautiful little hotel behind the catherdral, only a B&B, but absolutely gorgeous.

BEST RATES IN THE CENTER OF PALMA, hotel dalt murada

We booked by email direct with the hotel.

Major Tom 15-06-2009 16:53

Hotel in Palma

I can reccomend The Hotel Continental it is up near the Art Gallery/Fort,
it appears to be expensive but is very reasonable.
see - www.hotelcontinentalmallorca.es :)

Mark1875 15-06-2009 18:54

Thanks Guys, anyone stayed at the Tryp Palma?

marilyn 15-06-2009 19:48

We stayed at the Costa Azul which often do deals. It is halfway between Cathedral and Port. We had a lovely view from room, great breakfast. There is only one lift and it is quite small but would stay there again.

Ali C 15-06-2009 20:51

We too have stayed at the Costa Azul which was very reasonable and in a good location with great views from the seafront rooms. Small, but nice pool area, fridge in room, mainly an older clientele. Bus stop just outside. Hope you get something to suit.
Ali C

purpleboots 16-06-2009 16:55

We are staying for one night at the Hotel Horizonte no idea what it's like but for one night who cares. we are not picking up the car until Sat20 June

curlytom 16-06-2009 16:56

I highly recommend the Born Hotel which is in the centre of town. The only downside is that I don't think there was a lift so it may not be suitable for your father.

Timberman 16-06-2009 18:26

We stayed at the Jaime 111 a few years ago nice modern hotel lift etc. very close to the centre of Palma with restaurants and shops. No parking at hotel but there was an underground car park within a 100yds.

Hm Jaime Iii Hotel Reviews - Palma De Mallorca, Mallorca (Majorca) - Hm Jaime Iii reviews

Timberman

romanb 17-06-2009 18:29

We stayed for one night at Melia Palas Ateana following a flight cancellation and were pleased with the standard of the rooms and location overlooking the bay. It did have lifts.

Mark1875 19-06-2009 06:44

Thanks everyone, have had decent quotes from the Continental (the No1 voted hotel in Palma on Trip Advisor) and the Tryp Palma. Awaiting reply from Jamie Tres.

moosey 21-06-2009 18:01

have you tried port xioll think that how you spell it.. little port by the airport.. very swish with lovely hotel called port xioll i think..u can watch the planes take off etc.. its quite upmarket

Mark1875 21-06-2009 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosey (Post 31690)
have you tried port xioll think that how you spell it.. little port by the airport.. very swish with lovely hotel called port xioll i think..u can watch the planes take off etc.. its quite upmarket

I was looking for something in town as my parents would like to walk around the sights. Thanks though!