Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 10:54

Question villa/apartment to rent?

Am I the only person that realises there is a recession going on? I have been in contact with so many owners looking to rent from a Tuesday for a 3 week period and every single one of the owners said they would only take a booking from a Saturday of charge us from a Sat even though we wouldnt be there until Tuesday! No lee way with anyone and no one willing to comprimise on the price for a three week stay. As a property owner myself at home, I am always willing to comprimise on dates, prices etc and am only too glad of any income this year as numbers are so down.
Im begining to think there is a lot of greedy people about and will be interested to see when we arrive if they managed to rent their properties at all!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2009, 20:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie34 View Post
Am I the only person that realises there is a recession going on? I have been in contact with so many owners looking to rent from a Tuesday for a 3 week period and every single one of the owners said they would only take a booking from a Saturday of charge us from a Sat even though we wouldnt be there until Tuesday! No lee way with anyone and no one willing to comprimise on the price for a three week stay. As a property owner myself at home, I am always willing to comprimise on dates, prices etc and am only too glad of any income this year as numbers are so down.
Im begining to think there is a lot of greedy people about and will be interested to see when we arrive if they managed to rent their properties at all!
I booked for 10 days, starting on a tues till Friday. I am not sure if they have any more availability but if you pm me i will give you details.
Pat
Old 07-06-2009, 20:35

I too have commented on this in the past as my OH works shifts we can never fly Saturday to Saturday. Found a gem of an apartment last year that is flexible so have PMd you the link.
Old 18-08-2009, 09:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie34 View Post

My thoughts exactly!!
Old 18-08-2009, 12:46

There are many owners who are willing to be flexible though. Perhaps not so many in very high season. Closer to last minute weeks Im sure you should be able to find even more willing to bring in those last minute euros!
Old 18-08-2009, 15:28

I think it is somewhat offensive for villa/apartment owners to be called greedy just because they are working to their clearly stated terms of business. To change arrival dates during the high season can often cost a weeks rental. Cleaner availability also needs to be taken into consideration. I know of one company who employs cleaners only on a Saturday. Renters have to fill their properties during the high season to help pay for their costs 52 weeks of the year. The season in Pollensa is a short one. I agree with Bella that outside the high season you will find many are happy to be flexible with arrival days and perhaps rental costs. I do not understand why during the heart of the season it should be suggested that owners are in the wrong for not discounting their price for a 3 week booking. Most owners keep their prices competitive anyway. There is a shortage of good nice properties for rental during the main season. A suggestion would be to book your 3 weeks now for next year. You may find that if you are early enough the owner may be prepared to diary all arrivals Tuesday to Tuesday.
Yes - this is a recession but greedy we are not!

Last edited by eleanor; 18-08-2009 at 15:31.