Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-05-2005, 17:21
RUAIRI

Default Hotel location

Can anyone tell me about the puerto azul and whethrer it is a good location. It seems to be within an easy walk of shops churches and the pine walk that everyone raves about rather than closer to the big beach. I have 2 teenagers and want to be sure that i am booking the corredt place as it is over a thousand a head for a two week holiday.
Sponsored Links
Old 26-05-2005, 17:30
Founder

Hi Ruari,

welcome to the forum. Yes the location is ideal as it's within easy distance of everything & is near the Pine Walk. The larger beach with watersports etc. is only 10-15 mins walk but you can get pedaloes etc. on the Pine Walk beach.

We stayed there for 3 years in a row although there were kids clubs etc. mine just used the pool, played pool (or maybe snooker?), watched all the tacky entertainment (they loved it!) - whilst we wondered about the lovely area.

So from a location point of view it is great.
Old 26-05-2005, 18:20
RUAIRI

So pleased to get a quick reply. Thank you. Are your kids teenagers. Were there plenty of them around. Because we've left it so late to book I,m feeling under pressure now but don't want to fork out such a lot of money for a 3 star hotel especially as we intend to eat out a lot but we have got two rooms. One other thing the hotel isn't near the by pas is it or near a main road. It isn't quite clear from the PP website maps.
Old 27-05-2005, 01:23
chelseadons

The hotel is not far from the By - Pass but fear not !! This is not a By Pass in M25 terms !! It's very quiet both night and day even in the height of the season. The resort is perfect for teenagers and assuming you are going during the school hols they will meet plenty of others of the same age. Rest assured they will love it !!

Chelseadons
Old 27-05-2005, 18:13
RUAIRI

Thank you Chelseadons for your kind reply to my posting (is that what it's called) I'm new to this internet thing and can't type to save my life but i do appreciate your swift reply. Thank you.

I have now confirmed my booking at Puerto Azul for the 1st 2 weeks of August. My eldest son is doing his GCSE's, so when he comes home from his first RE exam this morning I will be able to confirm that we FINALLY have a holiday booked.

I can now research cool places to eat, sail and chill.

Ciao
Old 30-05-2005, 09:12
smiddy

Ruairi,

Just to re-iterate whats already been said, our apt is 50 yds from the Azul and is central to everything, even if you wish to use the "big beach" it's only a very pleasant stroll(sounds like a holiday brochure) along the front or thru the square and the shops. I believe the food is also very good and there are dozens of nearby restaurants,

I used to go over a lot in the evenings for the entertainment, but now i think this is more family orientated, still lots of things are arranged during the day.

As far as the ring road is concerned, how many "ring roads" have a zebra crossing :lol . IMO far too much ho-hah has been made of the road, it's just a small modern road at the back of the town which serves the purpose of keeping the town a whole lot quiter, its also very smart, and has been a great benifit to the Azul as it keeps all the traffic AWAY!

I would recommend a walk over the valley at the back of the hotel, very tranquil.