Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 21:54

Default booking private rentals

hi It's the first time I've used this site and would like to book a private rental paying 25% DEPOSIT and balance on arrival, and just wondered how safe it was.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2009, 22:20
Founder

Hi there & welcome to the forum.

I assume that you're meaning booking a private rental via puertopollensa.com? If you are I can only give you the response that we give all such enquiries. Puertopollensa.com acts as an advertising medium for owners and agents of rental properties and therefore cannot offer any guarantees.

However, we have been running the rentals site since 2001, have around 300 properties advertised and during that time we have not been made aware of any issues regarding payments. All owners will have paid to advertise with us during the last 12 months.

As for requesting a deposit and paying the balance on arrival, this is very common amongst owners who live locally.

I hope this puts your mind at rest and hopefully other members who have rented via the site will be able to confirm this.

If there is a specific property that you are interested in, do contact us by email see Holiday Webs - Contact Us Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca (Mallorca)
Old 12-05-2009, 23:25

we have previously booked a private rental through the site without any problems- we paid the deposit by bank transfer and the balance on arrival.
Old 13-05-2009, 08:39

Hi, I've been doing it for years and have never had a problem.
Old 13-05-2009, 08:41

Default Booking Private Rentals

Hi Jules and welcome,

We too have booked private through the site on a few occasions and never had any problems, in fact all bookings having been dealt with professionally and very satisfactory, on one occasion we also had to pay a 'damage' deposit which was returned almost before I had unpacked my case!!! Both deposit and balance were paid by bank transfer.
I would book with confidence.......Have a good holiday!
Old 19-05-2009, 19:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensafan View Post
Hi, I've been doing it for years and have never had a problem.
Me too, absolutely no hassle what so ever.
Old 20-05-2009, 13:07

...and me. Had to go to the local library to fax my completed form through to the owner becasue he couldn't take payment over the phone but it was a small hassle and all went smoothly.

Our flight was delayed horribly and I rang him to say and even though we ended up arriving at 4am he arranged for our keys to be left at the Miramar.

Wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

lala
Old 21-05-2009, 12:43

Default booking private rentals

We have booked several times always private,owners tend to have their own ways of doing things,friends of mine have even paid balance on arrival,very trusting of owners,you get to chat to some lovely owners and their apts are of a better standard then holiday firms,better equipped,would never do it any other way.There is a huge choice on the web site.
scarlett