Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   Bellamar formerly Pollensa Park apartments (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/459-bellamar-formerly-pollensa-park-apartments.html)

Hubblebubble 11-08-2003 17:04

Bellamar formerly Pollensa Park apartments

Please can anyone give me advice on these apartments. They look very nice in the brochure thinking of booking for next year. Any views would be appreciated greatly. Thanks8)

Gav989 11-08-2003 17:05

The Bellamar Apartments are very well situated with a couple of shops just up round the corner. There are also about 5 restaurants situated close by and the center isn't that long away. It's also right across form the beach which you will probably know, this is Great! You should enjoy it.

Hubblebubble 12-08-2003 06:33

Thanks Gav I have just returned from Puerto Pollensia had a wonderful time staying at the Hobbyclub tried to book again but the price has gone up too much for our budget next summer. The Bellamar are very reasonably priced so think I will give them a try. :D

Gav989 12-08-2003 19:02

Did you enjoy the Hobby Club? I was there the last 3 years but didn't go there this year. Wish I did, I love it there. Did you enjoy it? Have the prices gone up? Thats dissapointing if they did. Was that your 1st visit to Puerto Pollensa?

Hubblebubble 12-08-2003 22:09

Hi Gav yes we loved the Hobby Club and wouldve booked again. Its gone through Unijet for next year and wouldve cost us over £500 more. We got a good deal last time with free Insurance and free child place. But this year I couldnt get a free child price which certainly pushed the price up. Ive priced up the Bellemar with Direct Holidays and is a good price for our budget. I don't think theres a bar or snacks but the Pollensia Park is very nearby and the aprtments are in a great location . It was our first time to Puerto Pollentia and I hope we will be able to have many happy holidays there its a super resort.:lol

Gav989 12-08-2003 23:59

Glad you enjoyed it, it is an excellent resort and the Hobby Club is superb aswell. I'll have to see about booking for next year since we missed it this year. Anyway thanks for the info, talk to you later. Gav

jellybean 17-08-2003 23:57

Re: Bellamar formerly Pollensa Park Apts

We've been staying @ Hobby Club every September for the last 7 years and love it to bits. However, it has become increasingly expensive what with underoccupancy and flight supplements (huge ex Glasgow) that we felt, this year, it was beyond our budget for self-catering. We love to savour the delights of the resort restaurants and don't want to restrict ourselves to beans on toast every night in the apartment to cut spending costs. Also there have been very few renovations to the Apartments since we've been coming to warrant such price increases except new shower curtains.

For years we thought that this was the only place to stay in PP - ideal beach location, fabulous sea views, good accommodation, nice (if cold) pool, friendly staff and the familar faces of returning guests. However, since we're coming in early October this year and not too optimistic about beach location weather-wise (eg Bellamar) we have elected to stay @ the Oro Playa Apts in the town centre for a change via Direct Holidays - of which we have received several excellent recommendations. This is costing us almost half the price quoted for Hobby Club through First Choice.

I'll miss the Hobby Club (and may still potter up to that end of the beach if the weather is fine -old habits die hard) but we're looking forward to seeing PP from a different perspective. We'll enjoy our nightcaps on the Pine Walk instead of @ the Galeon this year.

If all goes well, we'll be able to enjoy 2 holidays in PP for the price we would normally pay for one - excellent value. Let me know what you think of the Bellamar, as I fancy staying there in May/June and Oro Playa again in October next year.

Former Hobby Clubber:D

Gav989 18-08-2003 17:44

Re: Bellamar formerly Pollensa Park Apts

Cheers for the info Jeallybean.
Gav