Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-07-2005, 10:18
jiggy

Default villa in gommar

Hi everyone
going to PP for the first time in late aug. to a villa in gommar called 'los pinos' (booked with Villa plus). anyone know of it, whats it like. also whats the area like, is it far to walk from the famous pine walk which sounds great. in fact any info would be appreciated.
thanks
jiggy.
Sponsored Links
Old 19-07-2005, 18:55
pops

jiggy
gommar is a nice, quiet residential area with couple of hotels and many apartments.quite shady in parts but don't worry you still get plenty of sunshine.
its about a 20 min walk to the pine walk, either along the main road or I cut through the area of pineret and walk along sea front.
There are a few bars and restaurants too and small supermarkets mostly near th Pollensa Park Hotel.

You should enjoy it Jiggy. We love the area, we had an apartment there for nearly 6 years and last year built a house there.
Old 20-07-2005, 07:47
jiggy

Hi pops
Thanks for the comments, they are much appreciated.
Only been to Majorca once, to Arenal in the south with a gang of lads, 23 years ago (club 18-30). It was good at the time, but old age is creeping up on me, (& so is the wife :lol )so thought i,d go somewhere quieter & classier. 4 friends of mine have been within the last couple of years & all of them have said it is the best place in the med they had been!
Not too bothered about some shade cos we will be taking a 2 year old along (not mine).
Is it a long drive from the airport? (3 kids in tow, 1 gets car sick = plenty of carrier bags!!)
thanks again
jiggy.
Old 20-07-2005, 20:44
pops

Jiggy
It takes us about 45 mins to drive from the airport, however there are alot of road works at present, due to the extension of the motorway to Sa Pobla, so may possibly take abit longer depending on time of day you are travelling up.

Think you'll find Puerto Pollensa quite a bit different to El Arenal. It is a lot classier and quieter than parts of the South of the Island, however you don't have to be getting on to enjoy it.

will look out for you all, we are there until 30th August.
Old 21-07-2005, 07:40
jiggy

Hi pops
We are arriving in PP about 1:00pm on a sat. there will be 7 very hungry people (flying in on easyjet - no on board meals )
any suggestions for a nice local restaurant, i.e. in gommar.
Also, what do you think is the nicest beach, south of the marina or the pine walk beach? taking into account there will be 3 children, 13, 10 & 2 years old. Will they be busy at the weekend or will it be better to wait until mon.(questions, questions, questions.)
Once again, thanks for the quick replies (hey, what are friends for )
chat to you soon in the chatroom
jiggy
Old 21-07-2005, 18:31
pops

Jiggy
The beach is all beautiful, its really down to personal choice. I use both ends. I like the beach at the pine walk end because there are so many bars to choose from when we've had enough of the sun and fancy a drink. Also we can watch our youngest from the bar if she wants to stay playing on the beach. but the other end is much larger and we go there too so my son can play footie.
It will be busy wherever you go, but sundays can be extrabusy as many Mallorcans come to PP for the day.
The only restaurants that we use in Gommar are Ikabanna and we used to use Sparrow however this has been taken over this year so have been reluctant to go back however have read many good reports on the forum about it.Haven't eaten in the Hideaway,but have drank thereand they are very friendly.Golden Lion is ok too for chicken.
Old 23-07-2005, 08:19
jiggy

Thanks for all the tips pops, 5 weeks to go and counting, cant wait.
chat to you soon
jiggy.
Old 23-07-2005, 16:08
Snowy

This page is the Jiggy and Pops page Keep out

:rollin :rollin :rollin :\
Old 23-07-2005, 19:18
pops

No snowy you've joined now.
welcome to Gommar
pops
Old 24-07-2005, 03:26
robjay

Now I've joined lol
Old 27-07-2005, 18:18
pops

More the merrier Rob
Pops
Old 29-07-2005, 01:47
jiggy

Hi everyone
Where is the best place to stock up on food & (more importantly) wine :lol . any large supermarkets near?
Also are there any cash machines nearby? as we are thinking of using our switch debit cards instead of travellers cheques.
And finally, are most of the restaurants in PP child friendly
i,e, kids menus. what are your fav family restaurants. There will be a 13,10 & 2 year old with us.
jiggy.
p s welcome to gommar snowy & rob :lol
Old 29-07-2005, 04:57
Founder

Hi Jiggy,

please would you post separate questions to the appropriate forums e.g. restaurants, shopping etc. as this one is on accommodation. It makes it easier for other people when they're looking for information.

Thank you,

Webmaster