Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-03-2009, 01:09

Default Daina Apartments

We are thinking of going to the Daina Apartments in May. We stayed there last October and they were ideal for us. I am a little worried that there may be building work going on beside them as the ground was ready for construction to start. There can be a lot of noise from the road and if there was building going on as well I think I would find somewhere else.

Has anyone been out recently or has any information?
Sponsored Links
Old 22-03-2009, 12:00

you may well have good reason to be concerned

when we were there late last year planning permission had been given and work due to start building apartments on the old tango site this april/may

perhaps the old credit crunch might delay this though
Old 23-03-2009, 11:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1873 View Post
you may well have good reason to be concerned

when we were there late last year planning permission had been given and work due to start building apartments on the old tango site this april/may

perhaps the old credit crunch might delay this though
I may be wrong but I was under the impression that building work had to be suspended during the tourist season.
Old 23-03-2009, 12:08

I think you are right Whaley, especially in such a central location
Old 23-03-2009, 13:26

Default Building work

I seem to remember something in the "Diario" saying that the rules on building work have been changed by the council and this year permission has been given to continue work until the end of June. If this is so, PP might be just a bit more noisy !
Old 23-03-2009, 20:41

Default daina

Still building next door, and just finished digging up the pavement, should stop on 1st May but rules aren't always adhered to
Old 30-09-2009, 21:28
Under Moderation

Unhappy terrible place

I have just come back from couple of terrible sleepless nights in daina apartments. We went to puerto pollensa for a wedding and wanted to stay only 2 nights. Daina apartments looked like a reasonable choise. But it was a terrible mistake. Our room was damp and smelled like a cellar. Also there was some creepy bugs on the floor. Now I have bite marks all over my body. Bedbugs? I have never seen anything like it before. I just hope I haven't brought these terrible bugs home. Also we had a view of a building site, but that is a minor thing compared to the dampness ( even bedsheets felt wet!) , smell, and the bugs.
Old 01-10-2009, 17:27

OMG - this is awful! I'm surprised you stayed for the 2 nights! I do hope you complained as this is just unacceptable and such a bad reflection on Pollensa and its people.
I think chemical Dave has his answer! There are so many nice places to stay and this doesn't sound as if it is one of them!
Old 01-10-2009, 17:45

Oh bedbug, that is awful! You should definately have complained whilst you were there, and if you didnt manage to, do it now! Mention that you will be telling people about it and to avoid the place. Hopefully they may offer you some form of compensation - perhaps another 2 nights might not be what you want though!
Old 02-10-2009, 00:08

Bedbug

Sorry to hear you had a terrible time. We did decide to book the apartments in the end and you can read the full story if you search my previous posts. We did complain and the staff at reception were great. They moved us to the hotel and we got a great room with sea views and breakfast included.

I feel though that the apartments have lost something now. The development next door affects the views and privacy. It may also have caused structural faults allowing rain to penetrate. I think the building works will have lost them a lot of repeat business.

While these apartments are well placed and good value, I feel it is time for a major refurnishment.

Adios

Dave
Old 11-10-2009, 10:51

The pool area and Orange bar are also looking really shabby and tired, definately in need of a refurb.
Old 11-10-2009, 16:11

Default daina apartments

whaley

how i agree with you about the pool area - i used the pool in june this year and noticed that the whole pool needs to be re-tiled - many tiles were broken and/or missing and they certainly didn't look as though they were cleaned very often either as there was a 'tide mark' all around the pool every day
Old 11-10-2009, 18:08

What a shame,it used to be cleaned every morning for years by the same man who had it spotless.