Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2005, 23:44
Rodney Balboa

Default Booking A Private Villa ?

We wanted to try a Villa or Apartment holiday and tailor the whole booking ourselves i.e Book our own flight via EasyJet or other low cost airline and book the Villa-Apartment with a private owner. Can you recommend a web site or sites (or even owners you would know) where owners show their property and you can deal direct.

Just seen a list of agents on this site, could anyone who has used one of these agents give us a recommendation .. thanx

Regards RB
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2005, 23:45

Hi RB,

We booked direct with an owner through this site and the whole experience was great with no hassle and a lot of money saved.

Just click onto "Villas/Apts to rent and check out the privately owned places.

We rented Villa Ca'n Mercer and I will do a post on it a bit later. I must admit I was a bit nervous at first without the safety net of ABTA/ATOL behind me but the feeling of independence was great.

We booked our flights through Air Berlin and our car through Carjet (Europa).

All in all a fantastic holiday and I for one will be repeating it next year (in fact we're even thinking of driving down to Mallorca so watch this space!)

Hope this helps
Jane
Old 04-09-2005, 23:52
Founder

Rodney,

do look at the other pages on the main web site (listed down the left-hand side). At the moment you are on the discussion forum but the pages on the left all form part of www.puertopollensa.com

If you prefer to book through a UK based agent, see www.puertopollensa.com/TravelCompanies.html#villas or a local agent (often an estate agent) see www.puertopollensa.com/rentals/localagents/localagents.php or to book direct with an owner as Jane did for Can Mercer see the rentals site where we list over 250 privately owned properties advertised by the owners or their agents - see puertopollensa.com/rentals/

Hope that helps,

webmaster
Old 05-09-2005, 03:28
griffo

Done 4 years on the trot direct and to date no probs. I have posted details of the villa we used this year (Can Pax). i would say that the so called cheap flights are few and far between we have just had a good deal with thomas cook for next summer at £800 for 6 of us. Its good if get a villa where you pay the balance in cash when you arrive. which worked well for us this year as the euro went up value and tthat in turn brought the villa price down.
Old 05-09-2005, 16:13
y parc

We allways stay in the same apartment every year it is on the front facing the Marina. What is good about it is it is ours for the same two weeks every year, but to make sure we leave a small deposit for the following year, they even send us a Christmas Card every year.
Dot
Old 06-09-2005, 01:03
Rodney Balboa

Thank you for your info

Regards RB
Old 07-09-2005, 23:54
PennyWhite

We booked with Open Holidays which worked well, had an apartment on the Pine Walk (there were only 3 of us this year), flight with Easyjet. Have done holidays like this for the past five or six years : booking direct with owners or with small agencies who deal with privately owned accommodation, couldn't imagine a package holiday now!
Booked car with Caprado which worked very well indeed, see other thread for everyone's car hire recommendations.