Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   BAHIA DE POLLENSA (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/431-bahia-de-pollensa.html)

andymac101 24-06-2005 21:40

BAHIA DE POLLENSA

anybody have any experience of the bahia de pollensa aparthotel. apparently there are 2 bahia's in PP. The one i am interested in is the one about 20-30 mins from the main centre?

PP76 25-06-2005 01:04

The Bahia is very near our apartment, from the outside it looks nice and has entainment on several evenings a week ( not to loud and stops at midnight). You will enjoy the walk into the town, along the beach front. The restaurant Llenaire is only a few minutes walk away and a shop near by for rolls etc in the morning.
Have a great time.

PP76

howard 26-06-2005 07:06

Bahia de Pollensa

I live nearby too!!!!
Seems O.K.
Used by mixed nationalities (do I mean this?).
Swedes seem happy here.

Cheers!

H.

AJAPP 01-07-2005 20:47

Hostel Bahia Pollensa

Andymac

I stayed in Bahia Pollensa for 3 days a couple of years ago. Location good...Staff friendly...premises clean...room was a bit small, but the views from the balcony made up for this...the room that I had did not have aircon...suggest that aircon is a must.

andymac101 01-07-2005 22:32

Re: Hostel Bahia Pollensa

Thanks Ajjap. Do all rooms have sea view?

Portofan 02-07-2005 01:24

Re: Hostel Bahia Pollensa

Hi andymac!

Be careful here guys I detect a little confusion.

I think you are going to the place about 20 mins out which is a large complex with lots of accomodation .

Hostal Bahia is a small but very nice place for B&B right on the Pine Walk and they have a rather nice little terrace restaurant on the front.

The two places are very different and perhaps a mile and a half apart

AJAPP 03-07-2005 05:47

Hostel Bahia Pollensa

I think you are right...thanks for picking that up...
I am refering to the Hostel Bahia Pollensa on the PW...cheap(ish) & cheerful, but view to die for. Incidentaly, not all of the rooms in this place have sea views.

Electrolyte98 06-07-2005 19:42

Hi - I stayed at an apartment near the Bahia Aparthotel. Our apartment overlooked the aparthotel's pool and this looked great. The entertainment sounded very "middle of the road" which wasn't my cup of tea but may suit you, I don't know.

The location is about 30 mins walk from PP centre but there is a bus stop 2 mins walk away. A bus goes to PP centre every 15 mins until 8PM. The beach at Llenaire is lovely - clean, safe, white sand, shallow sea, sun-loungers and shades, pedalos etc.

I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Marsha 05-09-2005 23:51

Just back from the Bahia Pollensa and can't complain (not too much anyway!). We had a studio for myself, partner and 15 year old daughter, and whilst the sound of our snoring bothered her (so she says!), the rooms are spacious enough for three adults and have plenty of storage space, which was a bonus! There's a fridge, microwave and kettle and two electric rings for cooking on, but I don't go away to cook, so can't tell you what they were like. The bathrooms are fine too, but no bidet.

The hotel is H shaped and beware if you're offered rooms on the ground floor in the area around number 52, they're on top of a water pump and the constant humming will drive you crazy at night. After 2 nights we asked to be moved and were promptly. However, our second room backed onto the toilet block near the bar, I didn't know urinals made so much noise!!! Luckily they're quiet after the bar closes at 12:45!

The restaurant serves pretty decent food both at lunch from 1:45 and at dinner from 6:45. There's a menu del dia for 10.50 euro and an a la carte choice, there's a barbeque and welcome dinner evening once a week, but we didn't partake of either. There's also a poolside bar where you can get snacks and drinks as well as the main bar area where you can get drinks and snacks!

The area around the pools is roomy and there are a good number of sun loungers, but although you will be told that you're not permited to "reserve" them, people do and I saw little evidence of towels being removed by the management, so if you want a special spot you'll have to get out early. We tended to take what was left. Both sides of the pool area are shaded at certain times of the day, so if you like the sun in the morning keep to the right and if you like the afternoon sun, go left. If you don't want any sun, sit under the tree at the far end!!

There are three pools, a baby one fenced off from the other two, the main pool which is 1.9 metres deep and an adjoining smaller pool which is 1.5 metres deep, so those of you with small children that can't swim, please keep an eye on them.

The hotel is very clean and well maintained and smells really nice, which I mention cos sometimes rooms smell a bit tired, but these certainly don't.

All the staff at hotel work incredibly hard and are all extremely nice, especially those in the bar and restaurant, but watch out for Marcus, he has a killer aim with bottle tops and tell some wicked jokes!!

The hotel is a modern three story block about 5 minutes walk from the main Llenaire beach but more like a 25 - 30 minute stroll to the town. In the evenings, we found it best to get a bus into the centre, it was a euro each and then walk back after dinner at a leisurely stroll.

Your tour rep will tell you that the shop in the basement of the hotel is one of the cheapest around and do you know what, it probably is!

Entertainment for children and adults is laid on most days with evening entertainment 2 or 3 times a week. This is a family hotel so it's pretty middle of the road stuff. There's nothing much for teenagers to do, but I suspect that if there was they wouldn't join in anyway cos that wouldn't be cool!

We tried several of the restaurants in town and I'll comment on them separately.

All in all we had a great time at a very pleasant aparthotel in the quietest part of a very civilised resort of Mallorca.

If you have children this is a great place, if you don't like them don't go during the school holidays or if you're looking for night life then please don't even consider the Bahia Pollensa, it won't be for you.

HR35 11-09-2005 19:40

My family has an apartment next to Bahia de Pollensa. They are very happy to let you use the basement shop. Prices are very reasonable and it's very handy if you are staying in thre Llenaire area, especially if you run out of ketchup whilst the bacon is in the frying pan!