Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-10-2005, 03:00
Bowbelle 21

Default A Bit of Luxury wanted

Hello.

My first posting and I'm so excited.
I''ve only been three month at this computer thing and dont use it very much,but I havebeen looking at this in here and reading nearly all posts at night.

Me and my pal Sybil want to come to Puerto Pollensa for a week. Now we want to go in the big hotel Illa Dor but couple of months back one nice lady she told us about this Hotel Sun bruil is it where you can get luxury rooms and great food and all the treatments like massage and manicures and all that.

It was two years ago we were in a big Hotel in Alcudia along near the CAN Picafort end it was so good.We came in a cab one day and we liked Puerto . It is quiet and we liked it more .
Problem its so late season now will it be to late to come. We dont want to wait to next year now .

Got to have fun on your holidays so where we stay we want some life too at night.Is the night life tops ? That Alcudia some there was like kids you know!
We take cabs at night.

Can you help us??
This chat room some say come in but I a so slow like I never typed in my jobs would it be a help?Sybil types a bit but she's not here yet..
Sponsored Links
Old 22-10-2005, 03:18

Hi Bowbelle and welcome to the forum!

I'm so glad you like Puerto Pollensa - you're certainly in the right place to get some information on the resort!

The Son Brull has had great reviews on here and if you want to check out their website here it is:

www.sonbrull.com

I'm not sure how much nightlife there will be at this time of year as I've only visited in early October but maybe some
of the residents can help you out on that one.

As for the chatroom, we'd be delighted to see you in there and don't worry about your typing! You can get any info you need right away!

Regards
Jane

PS - Just found the website for the Illa D'Or as well:

Illa D'Or
Old 22-10-2005, 20:55

Wellcome Bowbelle!

You do not intend to do things by halves! the Hotel Illa d'Or or the Sonbrull at Pollensa?

Tlc by day and entertainment at night!

I can't say I've had experience of either hotel, other than a drink or a snack on the terrace at the Illa d'Or. Quite a few of our regular posters are in PP right now or are about to return to the UK and could be a big help to you.

There's a big bank of knowledge about places and experiences, all you have to do is ask.The latest crop of returnees will no doubt be airing their views on here and in the chat room. You might get a few hints there!

Happy hunting!:lol

Porto
Old 23-10-2005, 05:26
Linzzzz

Hi - welcome to the forum. I think you will find it quiet in terms of nightlife this time of year in PP. But it really depends on what you're looking for. The one nightclub that will be open (Chivas) is very young, but you can still have a laugh in there (I'm no spring chicken) There should be a few bars open late, but as the others have said, chat to some of the regulars in the chat room who will be coming back this week & they'll be able to fill you in on how busy it was there.
Old 24-10-2005, 21:04
JMD40

Hello there. I would say that if you want nightlife then PP is not for you - especially during October and November when the resort is very quiet and the one small disco will tend to open only at the weekend. However, if you want to take a taxi into Alcudia I am sure you will be able to find what you are looking for.
With regards to the Hotels - well, Hotel Illa D`or has a majority elderly British regular client during their last month of the season. However, the hotel does also have a beauty salon on the 1st floor and a small gym. The Son Brull may have a younger clientelle but it is rather expensive and you will need a car as it is positioned all alone on the outskirts of Pollensa old Town. Good luck in whichever you choose but do not expect much going on in the evenings after midnight as were are all tucked up in bed after a long hard summer!!!!!:rolleyes
Old 26-10-2005, 15:17
Snowy

While surfing the other day came across this Hotel looks wonderful www.lamoraleja.net/web/ I have not stayed here but would be quite happy to carry your bags, could also act as driver also if required.
I work well on a couple of G & Ts, hope this is what you are looking for.

Enjoy your bit of luxury.
Old 26-10-2005, 21:12
Bowbelle 21

Default Re; A bit of Luxury wanted

Hello

I'm getting the hang of this and how it works.Just taking it easy and spelling right.Had a look,Snowy at that hotel you told me about and it looks top dollar.

When I was in the chat with you that night and you and Jane was so helpful it made it easierfor my first time but I was glad my friend was beside me reading it all as she helped me what to say.

We thought about what some posted an what Snowy and other ones said in the chat and we will not go now but leave it till next year, like as soon as the season gets up and going a bit ,May time.
It's not bye bye as Syb and me enjoyed that chat. OK I was slow but we'll come back in and learn more about the place.Some of you know everywhere to go!

We got our guide and driver fixed up too!

wish I knew about the little faces makes us giggle!

Bowbelle21

Can't get used to my Name and 21 ha ha!