Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   La Font (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/4202-la-font.html)

andy from embsay 11-01-2009 16:15

La Font

Hello all. We're in the process of booking a villa in the "La Font" area of Pollenca. I've read it's a "quiet residential area" but wondered if anyone had any more specific experience. My wife is a bit nervous of staying in places that are in the back of beyond, so if anyone could reassure her that we're not going to be buried in a load of bushes miles from anywhere that would be helpful! The villa is called Can Palma, and is described as being a few minutes walk from Pollenca - is that realistic? Are the shops/bakeries/restaurants within walking distance?

Thanks

JMD40 12-01-2009 19:17

Hi there, La Font is a quiet residential area. It is just on outskirts of Pollensa and has lots of detached villas and houses there - there are a number of lanes that join together. There is no street lighting and it is countryside but you can see that other houses are dotted around. I would not say that the shops are within walking distance - although dependant the exact position of the house you could actually walk to the large SYP or Laup restaurant - but it will be in the dark!! Not sure it sounds ideal for your wife . . . these villas are usually called countryside villas.

andy from embsay 12-01-2009 21:25

Thanks - it's not being in the dark that matters (we live in the Dales) but being miles from anywhere - and having seen pics of the house we've actually booked it looks like there's neighbours next door. Is it the area that is shown as "Trane" on Google maps (to the north of the Pollensa/PP road)?

Belladonna 13-01-2009 11:23

La Font area is really very lovely. We stayed there a few times with the children and were very impressed with the villas. Peace and quiet, but really not out in the back of beyond. As long as you dont mind using the car its fine. We never felt cut off and there are villas close by, just not in your face.

Gommar Goffer 13-01-2009 12:42

Hello Andy - depending on the exact location in La Font it is only about a 10-15 minute easy walk along the Port/Pollensa road to The White Rose Bar and Spar supermarket, with it's own mini bakery, in the Gomar area.

Gommar Goffer 13-01-2009 12:56

Andy - ignore my last comment - I am in completely the wrong place!! Shows how long it is since I was last out there! Roll on Feb.!

GG

Belladonna 13-01-2009 15:59

Actually I dont think you are wrong. La Font covers a big area along the road and back towards the mountains, so I think it does cover that walking distance. We usually turned off the road next to the builders yard with the large Cypress tree on the corner, then the villas were usually based along the roads to the right. THe road went quite a way along with many offshoots and some were quite tight, so we never ventured that way as always had a large vehicle.

Disorderly 13-01-2009 17:39

We stayed in Vallas in La Font for many years when our kids were younger and staying in at night with a BBQ, a few beers and a bottle of wine was our normal practice.

As the boys got older we gravitated towards PP and now rent within a tem minute walk of the centre.

You won't be disappointed - just be prepared to use the car.

andy from embsay 13-01-2009 19:29

Thanks all - using the car isn't a problem - our kids are 7 and 9 so we tend to go out every other night and when we do we go earlyish and then have a beer when we get back.

Assume I am right in thinking it's the urbanization that's marked as "Trane" on the map? To the north of the pollensa to PP road?

romanb 14-01-2009 18:21

We to have stayed several times in the area known as La Font it is as you say the area marked as Trane on google map, the three villas that we stayed in are a long way from the White Rose Bar and were much nearer Pollensa. Depends on exact location but we could walk across the road near the roundabout where the pottery shop is and the furniture shops to the back of Pollensa where there is a bakers. Probably about a 20 minute walk but on unlit roads so although you could walk in during day you probably would not wish to walk back at night. Plus the main road which you have to cross is fairly busy. As JMD40 says if you are futher down the road (away from Pollensa) you could possibly walk to the Syp but again crossing the main road. It is a very pretty area and there are several villas dotted around.