Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-12-2008, 22:25

Default CLUB Illa D'or

Has anyone ever stayed in the club Illa D'or apartments? They are quite expensive and seem to be exclusive to the Travel Club of Upminster who don't show many photo's or details on them.
Sponsored Links
Old 17-12-2008, 17:17

Not stayed there but I know they are being completely refurbished this winter
Old 17-12-2008, 17:19

That's good to know Quelys-thank you.
Old 17-12-2008, 20:34

Default Club Illa D'or

Hi Jackie.

We stayed at the Hotel Illa D'or In November and as Quelys stated they are currently being completly refurbished, there is a sign at the entrance stating they are exclusive to the Travel Club Of Upminster.

Apartments Illa Dor Club, Puerto Pollensa

Regards

Carl.
Old 17-12-2008, 21:01

Thanks for taking the time to reply Carl-I will keep an eye out for progress on them.

Would still like to hear 1st hand from anyone that has actually stayed in the apartments re:cleanliness, facilities etc.
Old 17-12-2008, 22:19

Hi Jackie,

I had a week in the apartments in '06. I will start by saying that they are in a great position, a wonderful swimming pool, decent furniture, were clean,a huge bedroom, living room and a completely seperate kitchen were rather on the small side - would be better if they made it open plan which they might well do this winter!!?? A very quiet block of apartments with no reception area,(at the hotel) no entertainment....this is want we liked and wanted! The peace and quiet round the really beautiful pool, being so near the Pinewalk and the Illa d'or Hotel made for a perfect holiday.Hope this helps.
Old 17-12-2008, 22:54

That has helped enormously thank you Favie-just what I wanted to hear and they sound just what I am looking for. I popped in the Illa D'or hotel for a look round last year but didn't realise these apartments behind existed at the time or I would have gone for a look.

Sounds like you had a 1 bedroom apartment-any idea what the studios are like-quite a difference in the price!
Old 17-12-2008, 23:08

Glad it did help Jackie....if you are anything like me you will want to get it just right!!! I will say though the kitchen was not brilliant but again if you are like me ....you won't be spending too much time in it
Have you looked at any of the Bellresguard Apartments because I think you might find that some of them(depending on what time of year) are not much more than the Illa d'or apartments...and they might increase in price after the refurbishment...just a thought. You will find them advertised on the "Villas and Apartments" to rent in the left-hand side of the PP forum page. They are located just behind the Illa d'or Apts.

PS Yes we were in a one bedroom therefore don't know what the studios are like.

Last edited by favie; 17-12-2008 at 23:11.
Old 17-12-2008, 23:43

Just like you Favie-I want to get it right! Just like you-I don't intend to spend much time in the kitchen!

Have a Bellresguard one in mind at the moment-would you say apartments there would be preferable to Illa D'or?

Last year was my first visit to PP-had a quick,cheap week in the Pollensa Park. Walked the walk and know which end of PP I want to be, now just need to find the right place to stay!
Old 18-12-2008, 12:33

Smile

Hi Jackie,
Why don't you have a look at Marfran.net. Some really good Pine Walk apartments. Marfran are an estate agents based in PP. I've used them a few times, great locations.
Old 18-12-2008, 17:23

Thank you for that Pollpott-all suggestions gratefully received! Will have a look immediately as thinking of next June and places seem to get booked up very early.
Old 19-12-2008, 21:34

Hope you got my PM Jackie....had a bit of trouble trying to send it last night!!??
Old 19-12-2008, 22:05

Actually Favie......NO sorry but I didn't!
Old 21-12-2008, 17:55

The club apartments will be some of the best in the area when the refurbishment is finished - re-opening 1st April without fail. The apartments will be very modern, bright and with top furnishings and fittings being used. The kitchenette will be open plan giving more space and brightness. The lounge will have a high quality double sofa bed and the bedrooms will have twin beds - some king size doubles will be available on request. Balconies are being made larger by the removal of the flower beds and they will be glass fronted allowing the light to filter through into the apartment. The studios will have a double bed - curtained off - in the main living room - they are suitable for 2 pax. only. The exterior remains unchanged. Pre bookable breakfast in the hotel option also available on request - and use of hotel interior pool and sauna included in rental price. Hope this helps. Enjoy your stay.
Old 21-12-2008, 21:07

That is great information-many thanks for taking the time to reply.