Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-03-2006, 22:28
Jane Ross

Default Bellresguard apartments near Pine Walk

I wondered if anybody has ever stayed at these apartments or knows what they are like. We have booked here this summer via an agency in Puerto Pollensa, attracted by size of apartments/position/pool, however don't know that much about them and can't find any reviews. The agency have assured me they are child friendly. I notice there are lots of apartments in this block available for private rental from this website

Anyway any information would be very useful, many thanks
Jane
Sponsored Links
Old 16-03-2006, 22:13
AJAPP

Jane

Generally speaking, Bellresguard is thought to be one of the more desirable areas in PP. The apartments are of high quality (reflected in the rental prices) and the pools and terraces are of a high specification also.

Most (if not all) of the Bellresguard communities have childrens pool areas.

I personally have never stayed there, but have referred some guests to the area and have always had very positive feedback.

I am sure that you will enjoy you time in Bellresguard.

A
Old 17-03-2006, 07:52

Jane I have stayed in these appts at least once a year for the last 12 years.

They are fab and great value

Are they child friendly ............ well that depends upon what you mean by child friendly and which ones you stay in

If you are staying in Sangrilla you will find lots of children around the pool and an enclosed area of the pool for small children who need to be kept away from deep water ............ also almost everyone staying there has kids.
This can be good because you don't have to worry that your kids will be loud and will disturb people who are there for peace and quiet but can also be a bit manic.

The other apartments have different rules depending upon the building, we have stayed in almost all of the buildings and have got along with whoever has been there on all occasions.

Some of the buildings do have their fair share of over 50's guests, most have rules about no inflatables or ball games in the pools. Some of them stick to these rules, some don't always bother ....... I guess it depends upon who happens to be there at the time. I have always told the kids in our party to respect the wishes of other people, not to use inflatables in the pool if there are adults in there trying to swim etc and for the teanager to go down to the beach if they want to play around with a football or do anything which will seriously disturb the peace. In our experience most of the older guests are fantastic with little ones but can be a touch intolerant of the teens ..... but hey who isn't !!!!!

The apartments are really roomy and the gardens make for a great playground for children, they can even spot frogs, massive carp and terrapins in the lily ponds.

The Playamar and the Ora Playa hotels are close by and so long as you buy a drink seem to be happy to let non resident children join in their kids entertainment.

Also you are so close to the sea and that end of the pinewalk , with the Illa D'or for morning coffee and evening nightcaps after a gorgeous stroll along the pinewalk is sheer heaven.
Old 21-03-2006, 22:50
Jane Ross

Thank you so much for this feedback, it is very reassuring to hear such positive comments from you both and we are really looking forward to going now

cd - we are staying in the acron block, have you stayed there and do you know if it has a children's pool? How are the blocks organised, are you able to use facilities in other blocks? Also, out of interest how do you book when you stay at Bellresguard? We wanted 2 apartments near each other so it seemed easier to go through an agency, but it was quite difficult to find somewhere, and I tried to contact some of the private rentals but didn't get responses

Thanks again
Jane
Old 22-03-2006, 06:42

Jane

Acron is part of the Sangrilla complex and is the one where most of the people staying are families with children.

There are 4 blocks around a pool area, ( used to be 2, one of which was Acron , but another 2 were built a couple of years ago )

There is also a small shop with a very small cafe Bar attached and another couple of shops which were emply last October but may now be occupied.

The pool has a small circular area at the top with is quite shallow and separate from the main pool.

Be careful if you have any non swimming children ...... the main pool has a shallow part but rather tahn it shelve deeper , it just drops. We always insisted non swimmers wore arm bands when in that pool just in case they forgot about the drop.

You didn't say how old the children in your group were ...... but this is a great block for young kids and certainly the most child friendly ( if by child friendly you mean you don't need to worry about them being noisy and boistrous)

There are no "facilities" to use in the other blocks and each swimming pool is strictly for people from that building.

One thing I would say is that some of the other blocks have more interesting ornamental fish ponds and I don't think anyone would mind a group from Sangrilla having a stroll around their ponds, we always wander around all the ponds at various times during our stay

Enjoy

I know you will
Old 23-03-2006, 02:10
Jane Ross

cd - in our party we have an 8 year old, a 4 year old and 2 18 month old toddlers so it sounds as if this will be just the job! By child friendly I was hoping for a childrens area in the pool, other children to be around, and generally for young (noisy) children to be tolerated, so this is perfect. My only concern is that we also have grandparents with us so I hope it doesn't get too much for them, however there are plenty of escape routes if it does...
Do you remember if the apartments are noisy at night?

Thanks for all your feedback, and for the warning about the pool which is useful to know
Old 23-03-2006, 03:46

Jane,

Virtually no noise at night , these apartments are all privately owned, often occupied by their owners and there is no organised entertainment to keep you up all night. Most will be occupied by several generations of a family. You will have a fantastic time and so will your parents

We stayed at Sangrilla from our daughter being 10months to 7 years before moving over to some of the other buildings ...... mainly for more space ( 4 bed apartments with 2 or 3 bathrooms ) as we always seem to get various members of our extended family deciding to join us.

You will love it, if you decide you want some organised childrens entertainment one evening, wander up the road to the Ora Playa ....... the entertainment is typical holiday tacky stuff and all based around the pool .... the kids seem to love it and so long as you buy a drink the bar staff don;t seem to mind non residents.

Also, if you can get the tiny ones to sleep in their buggies, there is usually a live band playing at the bonanza ( almost opposite ) on a friday evening ....... entertainment free providing you eat in the restaurant, another option is the flamenco dancing ( think Tuesday ) at the Ila d'or ....... don't be frightened off by the upmarket staid impression it can sometimes give, we have always found that providing you can keep the kids seated, they are really welcoming ( other alternative is to banish the littlen's and Dads to the beach outside whilst the rest of you enjoy )

Out of interest , when are you there ?
Old 23-03-2006, 23:05
Jane Ross

We are there 26 May for a week, which is school holidays, so it will probably be busier in PP than we are used to - we have only ever been outside of school holidays before. We managed to get the apartments Friday to Friday which is great because the flights were a lot cheaper than Saturday

Glad there is no entertainment at Bellresguard as we have had bad experiences of this in the past. Thanks for your recommendations, will definitely follow these up (have also seen your 14 day eating guide which I am going to print off and take with us!!)

Jane