Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2008, 21:49

Default La Gola apartment

Hi thinking of staying in La Gola apartment next summer this is a private apartment rented out by Motos Formentor has anyone stayed there before if so any info on what it is like would be appreciated

thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2008, 08:34

Hi
Just to let you know that we stay at an apartment rented out by Motos Formentor every year and the facilities are absolutely fantastic. We stay in the apartments at the front above their offices (or Burger King as people might know it).
Their staff are very friendly Martin, Antonia and especially Llorens (although biased as he is my uncle!!!). We have stayed in a two bedroom side, two bedroom sea-view and if lucky the three bedroom at the back which is like a bungalow inside, now we have prime spot in a two-bedroomed sea-view for two weeks every July and absolutely love it the views are absolutely fantastic, just sitting their and watching the world go by.
Let me know which apartment you will be staying in, if it is the back apartments they are extremely comfortable, my 18 year old and friends stayed their in Summer and had no problems, but no lift.
Helen
Old 11-11-2008, 20:28

Default la Gola

Thanks for that info Helen we had considered the apartments above Burger King however our only concern was that there is no air conditioning which put us off have you found this a problem. I was actually recommended to go through motos formentor by someone i know who like you stays in those apartments every year but in October and she also loves them and talks very highly of the staff at motos formentor.
The apartment we are thinking of booking is on the front but along from burger king just by the river mouth if you know wher i mean.
Look forward to your reply
Old 11-11-2008, 20:29

looking at the website this is not the 3 bedroom apartment in Motos Formentor...it seems to be a little further down the road .We have not stayed in this aprtment but one clsoe by and it is a great location.

Last edited by CathB; 11-11-2008 at 20:35. Reason: typo
Old 12-11-2008, 08:42

We have never found the fact that there is no air conditioning a problem at the 'Burger King' apartments. We just open all the windows and let the natural breeze blow through. There is air conditioning in the three bed apartments but in July you will be lucky to get in their as they are booked up year on year with the same people.
If you are thinking about booking La Gola 1-2, I have just been on their website like Cath and had a look for you. The one advertised is on the opposite corner to Burger King above the kebab shop (which unfortunately stays open late - my husband has had many a run in with the owner!!!). They were built about 6 or 7 years ago and are very modern. Friends of ours stayed there a few years back and they were very impressed with them (air conditioning too). They also stayed in Tres Pinos which is situated further up the road towards Tamarells and enjoyed that apartment too.
Let me know if it is the wrong apartment I am looking at and I will look further for you.
As I said before the people who own and work there are absolutely fantastic especially my uncle!!!
Old 12-11-2008, 21:21

Default La Gola Apartment

Helen thanks again for the info we are actually now considering going to the apartments F1 above burger king as you recommend them so highly the two bedroom is half the price of La Gola and there are only three of us.
Hope there is still one available.
Of course the area in front of these apartments should be pedestrianised by next summer which should be nice.