Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-04-2006, 23:23
sleepybobby

Default Hotel pollentia

Hi just booked up for two weeks in june at the Hotel Pollentia.For the last three years we have always hired apartments so this is our first time going half board.The hotel looks the part from internet photos and the location is excellent as the beach is just across the road.Has anyone else stayed there in the past?????
Sponsored Links
Old 15-04-2006, 02:06
sleepybobby

Looks like by the response ive booked a pig in a poke:eek
Old 15-04-2006, 03:20

Don't worry sleepybobby!!

Never been inside the hotel but its in a fab position..I would say that as its just round the corner from my apartment

we're there in June so we'll see you on the beach!
Old 15-04-2006, 17:56
sleepybobby

Hi Debz
Thanks for your reply,we booked the hotel for a change as it has always been apartments we have stayed in.The obvious worry when it is on a half board booking is the quality of the food in the hotel!! I am sure it will be fine 8 WEEKS AND COUNTING!!!!How did you find out about Pollensa?? I have been fortunate to have travelled a bit of the world and Pollensa is up there with my favourite places.This is my fifth visit in a row to the resort which was recommended to me by my aunt.Never being to Majorca before i had my doubts as i had "tarred" all the resorts to be like Magaluf and Santa Ponsa which did not appeal.So the moral of the story is not to judge a resort by its cover!!!!
Old 15-04-2006, 18:19

Aha sounds like you're hooked like the rest of us on this forum!!

We were introduced to PP 18 years ago by my friend who had worked as a rep in the resort. She persuaded her mum to buy an apartment (shrewd investment all those years ago) and we had a few great holidays there before finding other places to stay. Two years ago we bought our own apartment and spend as much time there as possible... out for a long weekend next week and can't wait!

We are also going out 8 weeks today with friends who had a similar opinion as you about Mallorca before they had been to PP...this will we now be their 7th year with us in a row!!

Debs
Old 15-04-2006, 18:45
sleepybobby

Has the resort changed since your first visit 18 years ago??
Old 15-04-2006, 19:05

Well there certainly weren't any Tex Mex's!!!

There have been a few changes mainly in the square and promenade with the street sellers and the Irish bars but I think these are just normal progression within a resort (and O'Haras is a very popular with the locals! ) Ther's still only one disco so it's not going to attract hoards of youngsters..apart from the ones who have hoildayed in PP since they were toddlers and are happy to sit in the bars chatting with their Mallorquin friends.

Apart from that things are about the same although a bit busier as more apartments and villas have been built. Luckily because of the height limitation of buildings we (hopefully!!) will never see hideous high rises as in Magalluf etc so the resort should stay pretty much as it always has..fingers crossed!!

Debs
Old 16-04-2006, 13:40

Sleepybobby

I assume you mean the Pollensa Park Hotel?

If so, I stayed there for a few nights at the end of February while completing a purchase in Gotmar.For the money, I could not fault it and the location is good. The place is clean, the food was ok and the staff very friendly, although it was the beginning of the season and they are probably in a better mood then! I kept expecting Del Boy & Rodney to walk in as it has the decor and feel of that holiday place they stayed in the TV special, but don't let that put you off

If you want a change from the hotel food try El Ancel which is round the corner from you on the way into town on the left hand side. Nice locals bar/restaurant with a great mixed fish grill for 2 at just 15 Euros.
Old 16-04-2006, 18:11

I think he means Hotel Pollentia..very different hotels!