Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   Restrictive Private Rentals (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/4003-restrictive-private-rentals.html)

joelise80 13-10-2008 18:32

Restrictive Private Rentals

We are trying to book a private apartment rental through the ads on the left. Having found a wonderful apartment last year this way after much searching we are not returning to it as the kids are staying at home :) and it is not available. The reason we have had, and are having little choice is that we will be arriving on a Monday due to how my husbands shifts work. This is the first day we can travel and we can take advantage of cheaper flights. As we are leaving the kids at home for the first time we decided to just come to PP until the Friday (no weekend no parties?!) It is so hard to find accomodation privately as it is all 1 week minimum with Saturday arrivals. Whilst I appreciate that owners do not want empty days it is surely better to have somone in, than an empty apartment as we noticed in the complex we were in at the end of August. We wil be traveling on Monday 11th May for 4 nights so if someone wants to send me a private message if they have an apartment available I would be grateful, as I can not trawl through the 200 plus ads anymore:confused:

pollensa 13-10-2008 18:47

Hi there,

hopefully someone may respond to you directly here. However there is nothing stopping you sending enquiries to those properties which interest you and asking whether they would consider different dates. Many owners are prepared to be flexible.

However you say in your post that you are looking to arrive on a Monday & stay only 4 nights - is that correct? In that case you may need to pay for a whole week to cover cleaning costs etc. as these will be fixed for the owner.

Linzzzz 13-10-2008 19:07

Hi there,

Pollensa is right. I booked an apartment on here and needed a mid-week arrival/departure, so I emailed the owner and they were more than happy to accommodate, so it's definitely worth a try to email them with your request. Good luck!

Tone 14-10-2008 10:43

Hello Linzz, 2 years ago we rented an apartment in Metge Llopis, 2 blocks behind pine walk. near Spar. The owner Catalina Jaume Caballer is a very nice and friendly person, and she often rent out other days than saturday to saturday as I remember
Try to call her +34 971866435 or e-mail tinons@telefonica.net[/email].
Good Luck:)

sunny 14-10-2008 11:35

We stayed in araucarias 53 couple of years ago by villa concha, think they do min 3 night stays. bit of noise from buses pulling up outside hotel but great appartment. hope you find something.

Belladonna 14-10-2008 11:47

Hi, have sent you a PM.

easylife1 14-10-2008 23:30

restrictive private rentals

We stayed in an apartment just around the corner from Bar Coral/Laroc opposite the Oro Playa - Changeover day flexible, minimum stay 3 nights. If you go on to Villas/apartments to rent on the left just search by apartment name and type Apartment1