Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-06-2006, 04:03
Bellaboo

Default Las Velas apartments?

We're off here next Tuesday. Anything we should know in advance? Good restaurants nearby? How far is it to Puerto Pollensa itself? I've read it's approx. 30/40 min walk - is this correct?

Have checked the reviews on Holidays Uncovered which are mostly favourable.

Please don't reply telling me they're totally horrendous as I can't change now!

B x
Sponsored Links
Old 22-06-2006, 02:35
JMD40

The apartments are in the Gommar area of town, about 5mins walk from the Hotel Pollensa Park and I would say a maxiimum of 30min stroll into the very centre of PP. To get to the centre you can either walk towards the Pollensa Park and then down to the sea front by Bar Tamarrels the only bar actually on the beach and walk along or you can walk up to the Habitat apartments and walk down the main road towards Caprabo supermarket and along the road towards the marina. The first option is more attractive but the second may be slightly shorter - - - -You have a number of english bars and shops within easy walking distance. The Sparrow and the Golden Lion (spanish run despite the names!) for their famous roast chicken are popular choices and very close to you. The position of the apartments is very good as it is in a quiet residential area and the apartments have two pools and attractive gardens - I am sure you will have a great time.
Old 23-06-2006, 03:03

No worries, you've made a good choice.

My family and I stayed there last July. There are two blocks of apartments, each of three storeys. We were in a two bedroom apartment on the top floor, with its own roof terrace, as well as balcony. Reasonably well furnished, clean, and well looked after. The staff are helpful, although they can be difficult to find at some times of the day. It is quite quiet, as there are no restaurant or bar, although reception does sell drink and crisps, nuts.

The only downside to the garedns around the two pools were the number of ants - sit still for too long and you will be infested!

At present it is a quiet location, possibly the only problem at night being the level of street illumination, and some noise from the 'entertainment' at the Pollensa Park and Golden Lion.

Walking time into the square is probably 15 minutes (although I walk fast!). However it is only 5-10 mins to the start of the centre and restaurants/shops at the river bridge.

If we were going back to PP this year we would have gone back to Las Velas, indeed another family we met there are doing just that.

Its just a pity that the new ring road and distributor roundabout will be constructed outside the front of it within the next year or so, as that will probably spoil the location.

Hope this helps

allanglens
Old 23-06-2006, 19:04
Bellaboo

Thanks Allenglens, that's really reassuring.

One of the things which attracted us to the Las Velas apartments was the lack of bar, entertainment etc.
We've never done the package thing before and the idea of the typical 'Brits Abroad' holiday is pretty unattractive! However we now have a baby, so package holidays are easy for now.

Any recommendations for places to eat nearby?

B
Old 23-06-2006, 19:43

"Any recommendations for places to eat nearby?"

That's kind of difficult. Last year was our first time staying down that end of PP, and most of the places we like are up in the central area, or off the Pine Walk, and with two teenagers it was easy enough to walk up. So I am no real expert on anything nearby!

Having said that, the beach bar (Tamarells) serves good snacks at lunch time ( and cold beer anytime!), and the place just next to the river (T....?) has been pretty good on the couple of occasions we have been there over the years. I suppose it depends on what you are looking for - Mallorquin, Spanish, 'tourist Med', English?

The Eating and Drinking sections of the Forum are a pretty good guide, as well.

Sorry I can't be more help.

allanglens
Old 23-06-2006, 20:03
Bellaboo

No worries. We enjoy walking so I'm sure we'll find good places to eat on our walks.

Thanks,

B
Old 24-06-2006, 04:28
pops

we stayed many years ago in las velas and would highly recommend them. Another way of walking into the town is through the area of pinaret. Which is lovely.Turn left out of the apartments walk as far as the main road and do a right then a left before the ikabana (almost at the crossing).Then right and it takes you straight down to the sea front. This way you miss walking past the pollensa park and all the souvineer shops and spars along that strip. Incidentally, the Ikabana is nice, don't be put off as its not the poshest looking place but the food is very good.
I'd say it will take you about 20/25 minutes to walk in to town.

Have a great time.
Old 24-06-2006, 05:23

Default Re Las Velas

Yes know where it is ,ok,and a fair way to "Downtown PP"

However, the upside is

scroll down

There are eateries that you can enjoy nearby if you cannot face the trip in to town.

Like the Sparrow lovely terrace out the back, very peaceful.

Like Ikebana, not flash, no ,took us years to go in but after one visit you are recognised as a prev visitor and welcome, and what a place for a late Sunday lunch if you were to get involved with a Spanish family group. Home style cooking and thank goodness the kids fire engine with the jingle is now out of order!

One day in there we saw these two really elderly couples in for a drink and on the way home with their carry out of wine and gin etc and they told us soon one of the guys would be having his 90th birthday in PP.

That might have been the first time I thought I'd met Pops, but years later when I did, I knew I'd been wrong!

I might regret that remark!:lol
Old 24-06-2006, 09:15
pops

Default Re: Re Las Velas

hmmm porto

me thinks you might be right!!

pops>:

(only joking:rollin )