Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-08-2008, 17:17

Default Sis Pins - HELP!

Hello all

We had lunch here during a monsoon in May and liked this place. We are able to travel to Mallorca next week and would like to book but I'm finding it really difficult to book it with anything other than Globespan - who don't fly from our region!

Can anyone help please

Thanks

Nicky
Sponsored Links
Old 25-08-2008, 17:29
Founder

I think this hotel is actually owned by Globespan but I understood that you could book the hotel through them & book your flights separately.

Have you tried contacting the hotel direct Sis Pins Puerto Pollensa or phoning Globespan?
Old 25-08-2008, 17:32

Could you not try ringing Ses Pins direct to make the reservation?

J
Old 25-08-2008, 17:34

Thank you. I have emailed Globespan to see if they'll do accommodation only.

Can you recommend any other hotel along the promenade?

Many thanks

Nicky
Old 25-08-2008, 17:55
Founder

I'm sure other members may be able to recommend but to see locations see the maps of hotel locations here Location Maps of Hotels in Pollensa, Puerto Pollensa Majorca Mallorca

Regards.
Old 25-08-2008, 18:26

Afraid you might struggle Nicky. The Sis Pins is booked up months in advance. I tried emailing them last year and they told me to go via Globespan.

Good luck! If not - why not look into an apartment - we stayed in the Iru booked via this site and it was perfect.

Lala
Old 25-08-2008, 19:33

We often book our accomodation through villas/apts to rent on this site and they have a great last minute section with reduced prices happy hunting. TT
Old 25-08-2008, 19:37

Default Sis Pins - HELP

Hi Nicky

I'm in exactly the same position as you - I would love to stay at this hotel but my nearest airports are North West England. I went into the hotel when I was in PP in June to ask about booking direct - told they only take bookings via Globespan. Have contacted Globespan direct and via their website and although they do have website access to hotel bookings only the Sis Pins is not one that can be booked this way. My hubby and I have even talked about the option of flying from Glasgow with a stay at an airport hotel before and after just so we can stay at the Sis Pins but realistically would probably add too much to cost.

Will just have to keep on at Globespan to start up flights from English airports or to allow hotel bookings only!!
Old 25-08-2008, 21:55

Default Sis pins- an alternative

Hi, have you thought about the Hostal Bahia? Not as luxurious but an absolutely brilliant location a bit further along the Pine Walk and you have breakfast virtually on the beach. The hotel usually take bookings direct and they are part of the Hotels Pollensina group. The website is:
Hostel Bahia, Puerto Pollensa
It might be worth a try.
Old 26-08-2008, 10:47

I have stayed at Sis Pins & sister hotel La Singla, Booked accomodation only with globespan in Scotland, did my own flights & transfers.
Old 26-08-2008, 11:40

Default Sis Pins

Patc

Thanks, I have emailed Globespan - awaiting a response.

The hotel itself did email me as they had obvioulsy been told about my post. They are not able to take bookings direct!

I'll wait and see if Globespan get back to me today, if not I'll ring them.

Thanks for the advice

Nicky
Old 26-08-2008, 11:51
Founder

Nicky,

if you are hoping to go next week I would ring them as soon as you can & if they are booked up try one of the others - Alpharooms let you search on availabity in PP by date - see Hotel Booking Services
Old 26-08-2008, 22:53

If you do not get Sis Pins, I would recommend La Singala Hotel down near Illa D'or. Great hotel only 28 bedrooms very clean, staff very helpful. The manager is one of those guys you meet in life & know he is going to be succesful, he instinctively knows what customers want.
Old 27-08-2008, 17:42

Default Sis Pins - HELP

Hi Patc

So glad to see your post and to know that someone has actually booked accom. only with Globespan. Im going to have another go now - wont bother with website but will ring them direct.

Thanks

Easylife
Old 08-09-2008, 12:35

Hi every one,
I tried to book Sis Pins last week,they are owned and managed by Globespan.
I too wanted accomodation only for next summer - since we are too far away from any of the Globespan airports.
I was told that there was availability at both Sis Pins and La Singala, but declined to book at either because I was informed that the full cost for the accomodation would have to be paid at the time of booking!
As I said this was for a holiday for next summer and was costing in the region of £1500 that Globespan would be pocketing the interest on for nearly 12 months!
If I had wanted to book a flight and accomodation i.e a package, then strangely only a deposit would have been required.
I have travelled extensively throughout the world and never have come across this before.
P.S. La Singala only has twin or double rooms, according to Globespan they couldn't accomodate me and my wife and our 7 year old together- they suggested one of us had another room on our own!!
I eventually booked a private apartment near Ila D'or.
By the way, my work colleague has just booked the aforementioned Hostal Bahia through Apollo Travel Direct - it looks really nice and unlike Sis Pins, it has a pool.