Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-06-2005, 05:36

Default Hotel Uyal - Puerto Pollensa

We visited this hotel in May 2005 and booked direct through the internet.

We stayed in the annexe of the hotel which is a very short walk from the main building. Our room had beautiful views over the bay with a balcony where we sat just soaking up the sights and sounds of PP. We were pleased to see that Sky News was available on the TV!

We booked on a B&B basis and breakfast was taken on the terrace overlooking the sea. There was everything you could need for breakfast including sausages, bacon and eggs plus the usual range of cereals, breads, fruit and cold meats. There was even decaffeinated coffee which I was impressed with!

Evening meals are buffet style, I believe, and although we went out to eat every night, there was usually some form of entertainment going on in the bar afterwards.

There is a smallish pool but the beach is just over the road and the centre of PP is about a 15 minute walk away.

My only gripes were the noise of traffic from the road and the heat in the room which might become unbearable in high summer.

The clientele seemed to be older couples and whilst we were there we didn't see any children (term-time anyway).

Staff were friendly and the decor in the main building was very Mallorcan - lots of dark wood and stone arches everywhere. It's a very pretty hotel with lovely gardens, a wonderful terrace and a nice comfortable lounge to sit and enjoy a drink.

Jane
Sponsored Links
Old 29-06-2005, 16:06

Default Hotel Uyal Puerto Pollensa

Grumpy here!

Did you see any residents reading the Daily Telegraph?

It is an excellent newspaper.

Regards, grudgingly as always.

Portofan

PS And the review was very good too!
Old 29-06-2005, 16:19

Default Re: Hotel Uyal Puerto Pollensa

Oh Grumpy! You're not!!!

No I didn't see any residents reading the Telegraph - perhaps word had spread!!

I couldn't find the PC either which was why I went to your favourite haunt El Pozo to keep in touch.

But it is a lovely hotel and I would recommend it.

Regards
Jane
Old 29-06-2005, 22:39

Hi Portofan!!

Oops!! Just realised that my original post on the Uyal still exists but is on page 3!!

Plus I said to you this morning that your post about the Uyal and the Daily Telegraph readers was missing, but I've just seen it!!! Some good news at last!!

So sorry for the wrong information!

Jane

Old 10-08-2005, 23:20
Broadreach

I am off to the Uyal at the weekend and looking forward to sitting in the lounge reading my copy of the Daily Telegraph after my early morning swim before breakfast.
I do hope the Telegraph has sorted out its Majorca distribution problems and that the current day's issue, printed in Spain, will be available first thing in the morning in PP.
There is nothing worse than having to read old news, especially when there is a Test Match in progress. Must remember to pack the beach cricket set.

Broadreach (demob happy)
Old 11-08-2005, 00:23

Hey Broadreach, we're not going to get into that whole "my paper is bigger than your paper" thing again are we??
Bye the way, lookin your ezinbox, I left you a message
Old 22-08-2005, 19:03
Broadreach

I was delighted to find that an up to date DT was available at the Spar supermarket, just along the prom form the Uyal, from about 8.45 each morning. I also found the local daily paper was also essential reading, mainly for the weather forecast. It also carried five pages on the weekend storms and flooding and reported that the rainfall was 67 litres of rain per square metre in Pollenca. Must have been the same in the Port where sections of the prom road were flooded. Sun now shining and likely to last all week. I am whiling away a few minutes on the hotel internet connection until the taxi turns up later.
Old 23-08-2005, 22:32
Broadreach

Just got back from another superb stay at the Uyal.
The view from our junior suite was stunning, the food was fine with a Mallorcan special dish every night along with four or five other main courses, the staff were helpful and charming and the beach just across the road is never cramped and crowded like that strip of sand beside the Pine Walk.
Its easy to see why people go back year after year.
Old 15-07-2006, 05:12
Broadreach

....and that's exactly why we will be back again for next week.
Bit of a last minute booking due to work problems, but the Uyal managed to fit us in again.
Decided to book with QueasyJet this year and hope they can live up to the fantastic service we had from Air Berlin from STN last year.
Can't wait to get back: great hotel, fantastic view from our rooms, good food, plenty of walking, tennis, sailing (brilliant yacht from Sail and Surf) and generally having a great time.
Looking forward to Sunday's festival of the sea and the spectacular firework display at midnight.
Old 15-07-2006, 05:32

It's great to see you posting again Broadreach!

Hope you have a great holiday!

Jane
Old 15-07-2006, 14:00
Broadreach

Thanks Jane

Next report should be from the Hotel Uyal, as long as all goes according to plan.

BR
Old 19-07-2006, 04:35
Broadreach

Only just managed to log on. The Uyalīs computer for residents was out of order and the hotelīs new wi-fi connection too.
Arrival all went according to plan. QueasyJet flight was late arriving at STN so we took off 30 mins late. However the captain somehow made up for lost time. I reckon there was a tailwind or some sort of additive in the Jet A1 fuel.
After we landed at Palma airport all was going well until we lost our luggage, or to be more accurate we lost the carousel containing our luggage.
However after 20 minutes searching all 16 carousels we found our bags then found Alicia with the cab. Got to PP at about 4.30.
More later...have a brandy waiting at the bar
Old 20-07-2006, 21:58
Broadreach

Is Mallorcaboy on the island? Like to get in touch before we go home.